YaBBSM V3.0.0 Conversion possible?

Started by truelight5, August 01, 2007, 03:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truelight5

I have a Coast Guard family related website that I would love to turn into a SMF forum.   I discovered SMF a year after that forum came into being.  It has been functional since 2004 and I am really not wanting to lose the posts.  I do not care at all about the layout or theme, I would redo all of that, I just really would like to be able to move the information over to an SMF forum.

Is that possible?

I am using YaBBSM V3.0.0 Based on YABB SE...and to be honest I do think I have a few mods installed but couldn't begin to tell you which ones! 

My thoughts would be that perhaps I could create the new SMF forums, create all of the categories/boards, and in some way pull the info into the database...or something?  I have no idea, I am definately not in a position to figure it out but hopefully someone here can do that for me! 

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could give me!
Thanks a bunch!
Susie

SleePy

Backup everything but try the yabb SE converter.
It looks like YabbSM is just a hacked out version of SE so unless they did major database changes it should perform just fine.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: