News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Team System

Started by GC, August 03, 2007, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

The creator of this script is willing to make a version for SMF if there are enough people who want it. If you wouldn't mind to have a system like this for SMF, then please post or comment on how you feel about a big mod like this.

Features:
    * Tournament System
    * League System
    * Ladder System
    * Clan System
    * Users can manage multiple clans.
    * Participate in graphical tournaments.
    * Single and Double Elimination style tournaments offered.
    * Participate in divisional round-robin leagues.
    * View standings on various ladders with rating, score, wins, losses, ties, etc.
    * View clan pages with a list of past matches, standings, stats and rosters.
    * Challenge other clans with great detail.
    * Quick report abilities or extended report abilities.
    * Admins can control all aspects of tournaments.
    * Admins can report wins/losses in tournament brackets graphically.
    * Admins can edit all clans, ladders, tournament and league details.
    * Clan leaders have a vast control panel.
    * Manage everything from your clan details to your roster.
    * Manage everything from your clan details to your roster.
    * Manage match/league and tournament reports with a click of a button.
    * Both the Admins and Clan Leaders have full control over their experience with Rivals.

I think this would be a huge hit since sooooo many gaming communities use SMF as their main attraction :)

*EDIT:
The mod is already created, so it's take a few days to just port it :)

heh en moose

I was always looking for a mod like this for SMF

thanks

Isaac

This will be interesting to see in action.

Afterglow86

I'd be interested in something like this.

HoTmetal

It would be a nice mod. I know there's plenty of clan sites that use SMF that would love to see this in action.
Its been on the Mod Requests
board before.

Dragooon

ga12

I would use it as soon as it came out. I've been wanting something like that for a while.

A.I. BOT

Hello,
I am the creator of this script (phpBB Rivals). I would like to say that I will port phpBB Rivals over to SMF.

I must warn you though, this wont be a MOD that will be up to ANY standard in SMF, at all. It will work perfectly in SMF but because this MOD will use it's own templating system, you will have to edit the .tpl files and .css file to make this MOD match the look of your site.

Why? Because this MOD is close to 7,000 lines of code, I do not have the time to do a complete restructuring of the code to meet SMF standards. This will be more a "wrapper" to work inside SMF.

I have successfully gotten a Rival's module to load and work inside SMF ... Screenshot ... as you can see no styling, but it WORKS is the point :).

I am willing to do the complete inital port over to SMF but I need someone to maintain it to match the phpBB3 version after I do the inital port; GC has expressed interest in maintaining it so if hes still up to it, then I'm all set to port it.

Any comments & suggestions or people who can contribute to the port are of course welcome.

Thanks.
SMF Rivals - Clan, ladder and tournament add-on for SMF.

GC

I'll do the templating. It's easy :) I'll also maintaine it as long as the source of the script is finished by you (security fixes, new features)

erlend_sh

I would definately be interested in such a mod! Would be great if it's possibilities could be extended a bit beyond just "clans" though. People around here have requested "group mods", similar to groups on facebook and web communities like that. Could that be a possible extension for this mod?

A.I. BOT

Quote from: Sadr on August 04, 2007, 01:35:17 PM
I would definately be interested in such a mod! Would be great if it's possibilities could be extended a bit beyond just "clans" though. People around here have requested "group mods", similar to groups on facebook and web communities like that. Could that be a possible extension for this mod?

Erm, groups, not so much ... this is a clan, ladder, tournament and league MOD, this sort of extension wouldent really work.

Reclaimer

ajay_sparklingboy

GC

If you were to make a User Created Groups mod and a profile page for them then I guess it wouldn't be hard to copy from the membergroup coding and the way profiles are made, then just change the names and create a permission mod for it.

A.I. BOT

Naw, Im gonna keep this strictly clan-based. Thats it's purpose.

GC

I was suggesting what to do for the other guy :P

I.G.88

Where is this MOD ive looked everywhere for it.... i would really like to use this

I.G.88

Anybody? beacsue i want to know if i should just start desiging my own would prob take me A long while but... i would like to know lol

pcjunkie

I can add some HTML / CSS input if need be...

Advertisement: