News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A New Board

Started by sloopz, January 25, 2009, 06:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Yes folks, we have a new board Theme Previews, this board is simply to show previews of Themes, Smiley Sets, Button Sets, SMF promo banners etc.

Now allow me to give you a history for those that cannot remember or those that were not members.  Long before the Theme Site was added, users used to ask for feedback on there new creations, users could say what they liked about a theme, what they disliked, they could help the author make there theme better.

Believe it or not that is how alot of the themes in the Themes board started, the long standing themers like myself, bloc and even akabugeyes, all used to provide a demo and ask for feedback before we released a theme, and thats something we want to bring back, try and get some more originality into the Theme Site instead of mass production.

So this is why we are happy to release this new board, as its bringing the past back to life, bringing the old spirit of discussion back into themes and hopefully bring the excitement of creation into the authors.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Charles Hill

shadow82x

Forgot to comment. :P

But yes this is a very good idea. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

karlbenson

Would be a good idea for a Mod Previews forum too.

for people to post early versions of mods (otherwise they get lost in coding discussion)

X3mE

Quote from: regularexpression on January 28, 2009, 02:43:50 AM
Would be a good idea for a Mod Previews forum too.

for people to post early versions of mods (otherwise they get lost in coding discussion)

I agree.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

DirtRider

http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

Deaks

regular you know thats not my area, but I think it is being discussed but I deal with Themes :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Fustrate

* Fustrate votes for a mods preview board
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Deaks

Yoda i care for themes not mods ill do what I can to get more themers and more original themes mods are beyond me
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Fustrate

I'm well aware of that. Other people do read these threads though, so on the off-chance they would see it, I said that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Advertisement: