News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Convert when only dbase available

Started by ArthurDaley, August 07, 2007, 02:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArthurDaley

I got super sick of not being able to stop the spam to my phpbb 2.21 board - 2 years and even adding questions on the fly to check for human did not work. So I deleted the domain. Now two months later I wish to put it back up at a new domain. I did a backup of the database (mysql) before I pulled the plug and download all files at the domain.

Can I somehow use the converter in this scenario or will I need to install phpbb again at new domain, import the dbase then run the converter? TKS in advance.

DavidCT

I'm guessing (probably wrong as usual) that it only checks for the config.php file (make sure the data in it is correct) - so make a folder like you had before, put that in it, restore the DB and give it a shot.  Most it'll do is not work.  Oh yeah, it does try to import your avatars and attachments, if any - add those too.

margarett

You are right.

If you can dismiss avatars and attachments, you only need one folder with config.php inside, correctly configured with your phpBB database settings ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: