News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Annonce FelBlog 0.92a for SMF

Started by feline, August 10, 2007, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

This Version of FelBlog is designed for SMF 1.1.x and will also work in cooperation with TinyPortal.

For other then the SMF default Theme, you have to modify the index.template.php and the BoardIndex.template.php.

Read the full article

Fel

flame baiter

When clicking on the download link...   :o

karlbenson

it looks like you need to be registered on that forum to get access to the downloads.

feline

exactly ...
only registered user can download

btw .. I have uplad this to the Mod area
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=897

Fel

karlbenson

shadow82x

This blog mod is by far better than the other ones so far. A lot more advance and featurewise. feline can you attach the blog mod here becuase we are not able to download it from the SMF mod site until it is validated. Also I am registered on your site and still do not have permission. Thanks so much for this mod. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

feline

Uhhh ... sorry, I forgot to set the access to the DL folder  :-[

Now ... registered member can download

Fel

karlbenson

Shadow. this forum hasnt got attachments enabled.

nitins60

Can you make a copy which doesn't need tinyportal? :)

shadow82x

You do not need TP for this mod. Thats why it was made...
Colin B

wk38

Love the mod, wish I could use it. No workie.

shadow82x

Colin B

wk38

Permission problems.

I checked with my host and everything looks to be setup the way it should. It's a permissions issue for sure but I don't think it's on the host side. I have PHP scripts and mods running in SMF and they are fine. If coppermine, links mod, store mod, etc all work it sounds not to be on the host side.

When you upload a file into your blog it sets the permissions to 600 and then you can't see it in the blog. If you manually chmod it to 755 it works fine.

If you do a fresh install of Felblog most all the permissions are set to 666 and nothing works. If you set everything to 755 it works but the file upload still sets them to 600 which isn't viewable in the application.

So I chmod everything to 755. Most of the functionality is there. Still can't see the file after upload and place a link. The link button works except when you get to the part of clicking ok. Then nothing.

shadow82x

Mass chmod ALL the files it uploaded meaning /sources and /themes.
Colin B

wk38

Tried that.  That's what I ultimately did to get it working this far. If I chmod everything to 755 it pretty much works except for always setting the uploaded file to 600 which in turn can't be seen in the blog. The ok button to place a link is still not functioning either.

I need a good blog real bad on my site but this one.... i don't know. Doesn't seem prime time to me yet and trust me when I say I've installed more than my share of mods.

I wish someone had the secret to this one.

shadow82x

Did you try chmoding the files to 777?
Colin B

wk38

Unfortunately yes.

I've left some posts on their forum and got zero response.

shadow82x

I would like to take a look but I'm away from my computer ATM. All I can say would be to manual install the blog mod. Search the docs for more info on manual installations.
Colin B

wk38

Don't know if I want to put that much more effort into it. Wish there was an easy solu.

I have the ad mod, store mod, links mod, chat mod, AdPeeps, coppermine, etc, etc, etc, all running smooth as glass on several sites. I even did a virgin install of SM 1.1.3, TP 0.9.8, default template and no mods. Clean install. Still didn't work.

FelBlog just ain't workin properly.  She responded to a post I made over at TP and basically said it was a problem on my host. Um.. I don't think so.

If it was a stable mod, I'd even pay money for it. I like it.

shadow82x

It installed fine on my test board and appears to be stable.
Did you make sure -
Admin - Packages - Options - ALL files are writable and making sure your /packages/temp file is ar 755?

If you can wait until tom.I can take a look
Colin B

wk38

It installs great. It just doesn't function at all. You are basically locked out of doing anything in the mod, creating a new blog entry, etc.

shadow82x

Hmmm maybe I will take a look in a bit and no errors in the installation. When you go to uninstall does it show errors?
Colin B

wk38

No errors on uninstall either. I'm lock out of doing anything with packages now.

shadow82x

Very interesting like I said I will send you a PM when I go on my comp if thats fine you.
Colin B

wk38

ok. I have to shut down for tonight. I sent you a pm. Thanks!!

Sarrene

First I wanted to say THANK YOU so much for this blog. This is justwhat I was looking for for our site. It is perfect for our smallcommunity, and I am loving it TONS! As as a few others that have juststarted to try this thing out. So once more, thank you for the effortand time you have put into this. 

Okay, Now, I have a few questions and one small tiny problem.

Issue:
Whenusers are in the Blog, either viewing the list or in their own, thereis nothing to direct the "who's Online" to show the action. All we getwhen you check is "Unknown Action". I have broused through the files a wee bit, and including in the english.php, who.english.php and modifications.english.php
There seems to be a missing "$txt['who_action'] string for that action" in there somewhere or three.

Question:
Is there a way to put in:
$txt['whoall_felblog'] = 'Viewing the [url=%27%20.%20$boardurl%20.%20%27?action]Member Blogs[/url]';

[/pre]If so, where would I put it exactly? I have had a wee bit of difficulty
trying to find exactly where I add this in. Then again, I am probablydoing it all wrong as well.

Three actions would be nice if i could only figure this out. Show actions for the following:
     ♦ Viewing Blog Index
     ♦ Viewing [Member name] Blog
     ♦ Writing in Blog

Otherthen that, I think it is wonderful! I am going to see if i can add ina header description though. Since these are more like Stories anddiaries then anything else really.

Peace,
Sarrene'

Dragooon

A small typo in the article
" Internal xhtml-editor for articles and comments (can by disabled)"
by should be "be"

feline

Quote from: Dragooon on September 19, 2007, 09:13:14 AM
A small typo in the article
" Internal xhtml-editor for articles and comments (can by disabled)"
by should be "be"

Thanks and sorry for my bad english  :(

Fel

feline

Quote from: Sarrene on September 19, 2007, 08:48:14 AM
Three actions would be nice if i could only figure this out. Show actions for the following:
     ♦ Viewing Blog Index
     ♦ Viewing [Member name] Blog
     ♦ Writing in Blog

For that, you must modify the Who.php ..
simple example:

search for

// Unlisted or unknown action.
else
$data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'];

and replace with:

// Unlisted or unknown action.
elseif($actions['action'] == 'felblog')
{
if(!isset($actions['sa']) || $actions['sa'] == 'list')
$data[$k] = 'Viewing Blog Index';
elseif($actions['sa'] == 'view' || $actions['sa'] == 'manager')
{
if($actions['cont'] == 'new')
$data[$k] = 'Writing in Blog';
else
{
if(isset($actions['uid']))
{
$uid = $actions['uid'];
$req = db_query("SELECT realName FROM {$db_prefix}members WHERE ID_MEMBER = $uid", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$row = mysql_fetch_row($req);
$uName = $row[0];
mysql_free_result($req);
$data[$k] = 'Viewing '.$uName.'\'s Blog';
}
else
$data[$k] = 'Viewing his Blog';
}
}
}
else
$data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'];

The fixed text, you can add in the Who.language.php

Fel

Sarrene

Oh wonderful! Thank you Feline!
I will be trying that out in no time and let you know how that goes! I  really appreciate it a lot!

Peace,
Sarrene'

feline

I have updated the FelBlog v0.94.0 archive for SMF 1.1.4.
Also a Upgrade for Felblog is available (v0.94.1) that have small fixes and new features.

Changes in v0.94.1
    * Error on banned user fixed
    * Added Previous / Next links on singe article view
    * Added status messages for "Who" view
    * Smaller changes on languages and design

Changes in v0.94.0
    * Sort bug in Recentlist fixed
    * Javascript now allways removed from content
    * Avatars in a separate folder now works
    * Sizable image thumbnails on overview
    * Bug in Smiley Popup fixed
    * A new TinyPortal addon (FelBlogTPinc.php) added to the archive

This release is also tested with the new Firefox 3.0 alpha 7
(Codename Gran Paradiso)

Fel

2pac

this mod sounds pretty cool. currently i have wordpress installed but it's such a pain to make it match the rest of my site... i mean, i can do it, but it's just  a pain in the behind and i dont have that kind of time right now, school keeps me plenty busy... i'll definitely give this a shot when i get back to my place...

Sarrene

This is a great mod! and so easy to use. Many many thank you's  :-* to you Fel for such a wonderful endeavor. The update is just the icing on the cake!

Peace.
♥ Sarrene'

ASF

i just cannot write any blog at all, instead of showing me th editor i get an advert from my host..

whats this?

Dragooon

dxyy

Ever since installing this on my test forum, my captcha (visual verification) no longer works. :(

I'm also getting a few other errors:
1) Undefined index: sbox_ModTitle
File: /home/daxueyin/public_html/finalforumtest/Sources/ModSettings.php
Line: 145
2) Unable to load the 'sbox.english' language file.

It would be nice to have a "report to moderator" feature for the blogs. Oh, and it would also be nice if it were also possible to give moderators permission to lock/delete blogs. Anyway, those are just small details.

I'd really like to get the captchas working again in addition to getting rid of those two errors! ::)

brianjw

Hello, i've heard that there are errors concerning the captcha with this mod.

The captcha breaks when installing it, has it been fixed?

elfreakz

im using smf 1.1.4 with tp... install succesful but i dont see any link to blog and also no felbog setting in admin??? i clean install, and isntall again with default theme, still nothing.. why?

trnt94

A VERY nice mod, I am using it on my site.

feline

Quote from: elfreakz on December 13, 2007, 11:26:17 AM
im using smf 1.1.4 with tp... install succesful but i dont see any link to blog and also no felbog setting in admin??? i clean install, and isntall again with default theme, still nothing.. why?
On the default theme, you find a 'BLOG' button at top.
The FelBlog admin you find inside the Felblog Navbar after click on the 'BLOG' button ..

Fel

feline

Quote from: hugodiaz on December 13, 2007, 11:31:33 AM
Was this mod ever approved by the SMF team? ???
No, the SMF team wont approve the mod .. why? I don't no.
You can read the story to this on my forum ...

Fel

trnt94

I found a bug in it... when you are at the forum, it has the admin tab highlighted, any help?

elfreakz

Quote from: feline on December 14, 2007, 05:54:14 AM
The FelBlog admin you find inside the Felblog Navbar after click on the 'BLOG' button ..

Fel
Quote from: feline on December 14, 2007, 05:54:14 AM

Fel

nope i still cannot see the BLOG button at top of the default theme.

during my installation, this is the testing result..

1.     Extract File     ./xhtmlconfig.php     
2.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/../../Themes    
3.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/../Sources    
4.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/../xhtml-editor    
5.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php    Skipping file
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.german.php    Skipping file
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german-utf8.php    Skipping file
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.german-utf8.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Code    felblog_install.php

????

Bancherd

Quote from: trnt94 on December 13, 2007, 08:14:17 PM
A VERY nice mod, I am using it on my site.

Agreed.  I am using it as well.

Atheo

Has anyone here found a workaround for not being able to use wysiwyg  editor?  Ive done everything stated on her site but can not get it to work.

SMF 1-1-5

d58e7

Is there anyway to display a specific person's recent blog posts? I wanted to add that into profiles but I'm not sure what the code to call the recent posts for a specific user is.

eclipsenow

My thing is not wanting a blog for each user, but THE blog for THE website. In other words, I want a home page that represents the latest news and thoughts from the LEADERS of our forum. What's the best SMF plug in for this, and are there any blogs that are already themed with existing attractive SMF themes?
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

Joe N

Quote from: feline on August 10, 2007, 08:08:42 PM
exactly ...
only registered user can download

btw .. I have uplad this to the Mod area
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=897

Fel

I wish they still had it.

They have it on my schools one and its quite cool!
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

Bec

anyone know if this is still getting support? been checking on the site for a while and its always closed for maintenance.....

Quote from: eclipsenow on January 21, 2009, 01:01:47 AM
My thing is not wanting a blog for each user, but THE blog for THE website. In other words, I want a home page that represents the latest news and thoughts from the LEADERS of our forum. What's the best SMF plug in for this, and are there any blogs that are already themed with existing attractive SMF themes?

if you find one i would love to know! ive got felblog installed but it creates to many errors, had a look ages ago when i installed it so maybe there is one now...

Joe N

Quote from: Bec on February 20, 2009, 08:36:59 AM
anyone know if this is still getting support? been checking on the site for a while and its always closed for maintenance.....

Quote from: eclipsenow on January 21, 2009, 01:01:47 AM

if you find one i would love to know! ive got felblog installed but it creates to many errors, had a look ages ago when i installed it so maybe there is one now...

Have you got the mod?

Bec

sure do!  have it installed on my site

Joe N

Quote from: Bec on February 20, 2009, 08:49:58 AM
sure do!  have it installed on my site

Could you possibly attach the mod?

Joe

Bec

not sure if it will be too big or not... but ill give it a go shortly, need to update the package info for the install to work!

Bec

here you go Joe! has been updated so you shouldn't have any problems with the install!  ;D

Joe N

Quote from: Bec on February 20, 2009, 09:34:27 AM
here you go Joe! has been updated so you shouldn't have any problems with the install!  ;D

Cheers!

Neverhurry

i love this wonderful mod, please anybody can share a Felblog 0.95alpha with me?

Hi, Bancherd, i found your site with Felblog 0.95alpha, would you please tell me what are the changes in 0.95alpha towards 0.941? and would you mind give one to try? thank you!
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

MrMorph

Yeah that would be cool for me too.

Anyone else noticed that the calendar links don't seem to work right ?

If I click on one of the dates it doesn't show the entries for that day.

I've tried it out on a live site I found and the calendar doesn't seem to work right there either.

Neverhurry

After using felblog for 3 days, i found out that the date_created time of the blog has exactly 7 hours difference from my real local time, say i wrote something at today 6:00 am (this is the forum time and my local time, my server time is yesterday 23:00 pm), but it show the time: Today 13 pm.

Because my server is in US and there is a 7 hours difference, so i set the forum time zone to +7, and the forum shows correct time, but felblog shows my local time +7, so that means felblog add twice from my server time zone....

any ideas, did you have same experience, i hope fel or some of you guys who used felblog before will come here and notice my problem and tell me how to repair it. Any help will be highly appreciated. thank you.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Advertisement: