News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Anonymize Links

Started by M-DVD, August 12, 2007, 12:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

Apologies for not responding.
Please see my signature.

Thanks

Whilst I have been offline, I have re-written this mod from scratch. Once I get my net connection back, I should be ready to post it.

karlbenson

I've uploaded version 2.0 (and renamed the mod)

2.0 - 14th November 2007
o Renamed from Anonym.to mod to Anonymize Links mod
o Re-written from scratch
o Added custom inclusion settings
o Added bbcode buttons & setting
o Added setup setting

Richard Wing

Karl,

Does this mean that it will now work beside the auto embed movie links mod?

Thanks,
Richard Wing

Richard Wing

I uninstalled the old mod and reinstalled this new one. I get this error and I don't know how to isolate the issue.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str_ireplace() in /var/www/virtual/website.com/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php on line 4861

Can you be so kind to offer some assistance?

Thanks,
Richard Wing

karlbenson

Indeed, it should now work with the auto convert links mod

str_ireplace is a php function

What version of PHP are you running?

edit: *Crap, str_ireplace is a php5+ function
Since I wrote this mod when my inet access was down I wasnt able to check when it was added.

I'll need to work in alt function

Richard Wing

4 something. I went ahead and uninstalled it manually. because I wasnt sure when I would hear back from you.

Richard Wing

Richard Wing

Thanks, Karl.

I will reapply the mod when you add in that alt function. I dont plan on upgrading to 5 until I am sure that all my present scripts will support 5.

Basically when I am forced to. ;)

Thanks,
Richard Wing

karlbenson

Richard. PHP4 is going in less than 38 days
I'd recommend you upgrade asap.

Although SMF is not going PHP5 only. In the near future my mods will be min PHP5 because simply its annoying to have to code alternative, inefficient/slow functions for people using old php4.

Richard Wing

Thanks Karl.

I know they are not giving out php4 code anymore but there will still be many servers out there for quite sometime that will be using php4.

Also I imagine there will be lots of sites that will be offering support for php4 even though the main dev site will not.

I do understand what you are saying though.

Its a tough decision because I have many scripts that the developers are no longer involved with and if I upgrade I risk most of them not working.

Not sure what to do at this time.

Im glad you are still adding in the php4 alternative to that code so we can use this great mod.

Richard Wing

Richard Wing

Will there be support for us to add in additional anon sites into the db and then selecting all links to be appended with that services url in front of all outside links?

That would be a very useful and great feature and will cut down on support/feature requests to add support for someones favorite service. Also if a service goes down then you will have built in support for us to add in the next latest and greatest anon site.

I was suprised that you didnt have that feature already included.

I look forward to your comments on this.

Thanks,
Richard Wing

karlbenson

I will look to add a 'custom' anon site asap. (Just one field)
I will also need to block users from entering their own domain, which would prevent this mod from being an anonymizer.

It was in my plans for the redesign, but for the above reason + validation/sanitization issues, i did not.

slackerpunk

awww still no option to set anonymizer to certain forums

karlbenson

Indeed.

I did consider adding it (per the requests).
However it would require too much effort to code it with the gui/template vs the benefit.

For most mods I dislike coding per board or per membergroup because its alot of work.

However you maybe able to find someone via the help wanted section who is willing to do [paid] or [free] custom work to add it. I simply don't have the time to add per-board or per-membergroup to this mod as a feature, or provide support on how to. (I've spent alot of time re-writing this mod, and i've got about 20+ to work on)

It would not be too hard for you to build an array with the id of forums you want it enabled for and working in_array() an in array clause into the mod

AllMassive

I've plenty of these errors in my Log with v2.0
8: Undefined index: scheme
Datei: /htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 4355

This seems to happen if i enter certain boards/topics.

oh - this is my line 4355:

if(($link['scheme'] != ("http" || "https" || "ftp" || "ftps")) || empty($link['host']))

EDiT:
There are no links in those Board-/Topic-Names.

karlbenson

grr.. I didnt get any error 3 forums I tested it on.

I will look into it asap.

Temporarily try replacing
if(($link['scheme'] != ("http" || "https" || "ftp" || "ftps")) || empty($link['host']))

With
if(empty($link['scheme']) || ($link['scheme'] != ("http" || "https" || "ftp" || "ftps")) || empty($link['host']))

AllMassive

Looks good - now i dont get a error while accessing  those boards/threads.
thx!

karlbenson

2.1 - 29th November 2007
o Fixed undefined variable bug? (Thanks to AllMassive)
o Added workaround for str_ireplace for php4 users.

AllMassive

The Zip seems corrupt - i needed to repack it.

karlbenson

Its Winzip again adding compression to my zips.

*uninstalls

And repacks the files with winace.

*uploaded

Thanks for the info AllMassive.

venice

Hi Karl

Am running latest version of SMF on a private club forum.

I installed this mod (current version) a week or so ago with no errors in the installation. Added a few more mods - then recently decided I wanted to uninstall yours - mainly because the redirect page was worrying my members - 90% of them are elderly, and for some reason it alarms them.  ::)

However - when I came to un-install this I was warned about the following errors:
1.     Execute Modification     install.xml     Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error

I am probably stupid but I went ahead and uninstalled anyway. Then deleted the mod.

Nothing untoward happened regarding the forum - except that all links are still being anonymised. So suspect it didn't actually uninstall.

I am running the default theme and have following mods installed:

1.    SMF Links    1.6.5    
2.    Website Button    1.1.4
3.    Contact Page    1.1
4.    Default Membergroup on Registration    1.1
5.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.16    
6.    Avatars at Index Mod    1.5    
7.    JPG Thumbnails    1.0    
8.    User Email System    1.2    
9.    User Control Panel By Alan S    1.3 

Can you tell me how to uninstall it properly - without messing up anything else I've got.

I am a complete noob re: understanding the php language, but can edit php files no problem, provided you tell me which files, where they will be, and show me code before the change and code after change.

Thanks in advance
Sorry if I'm being a complete pain
And.. re: your mod - personally - I loved it! Shame the users are put off by it.
Venice

Advertisement: