Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dflora23

My site just crashed after adding the mod.  It was working fine for me until I tried to create a "Full search" index.    Now the whole site went down with the following sql error.

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/justlabr/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Warning: main(/QueryString.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/justlabr/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/justlabr/public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Help please!  I've never had my site go down before like this!

Thank you,

Daniel

ioszilla

Hi Daniel, this mod has nothing to do with the creation of fulltext index and it does not modify the above-mentioned QueryString.php.

Seems to me that your QueryString.php in Sources directory is missing somehow - if that's the case you'll need to restore it. :)

dflora23

Ok, thanks for your help, I posted in the main support forum as I was unable to solve the problem by restoring querystring.php.  I just haven't made any other changes other than adding the mod and have never had a problem like this before.

Thanks,
dan

ioszilla

Np dan, i have replied to your thread here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=199758.msg1269894#msg1269894

I believe your Settings.php is missing/corrupted somehow.

Richard Wing

I use smf 1.1.4 and I had to manually install Search.php and Search.Template.php

I am getting the following errors can someone suggest a fix?

8: Undefined variable: search_this_topic_only
File: /var/www/virtual/domain.com/htdocs/Sources/Search.php
Line: 981

8: Undefined variable: active_board_scoring_heuristic_enabled
Line: 956

Line: 951

Line: 892

Thanks for any assistance
Richard Wing

ioszilla

Most likely your Search.php is incomplete, could u attach it here or pm me the file?

NeLLIsania

hi wordzilla! I'm just installed you mod. But i'm can't see the search result page after pressing Search button. It's still blank. Error log in adm panel contain following error:

File: /usr/home/wwwlocal/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 868

Line: 872

Line: 872

I'm attach file from my forum(1.1.4).

PS! Sorry for my bad english...
/* Have a nice day! */

ioszilla

Hi NeLLISania, did u modify the file manually? I have checked the Search.php you attached here - more than 10 critical sections of code are missing/misplaced. If u like pm me your email address and I'll send the complete 1.1.4 Search.php to your mailbox.

Richard Wing

Thanks for the offer wordzilla. I am sending the file through PM.

Richard Wing

Richard Wing

Ok I guess thats not an option here. I am attaching it to this post.

Thanks for your time.
Richard Wing

ioszilla

hi Richard, it seems that you have Visual Verification Mod installed there, I guess that was the reason why u had to do a manual edit. :)

Well your Search.php is messed up, with 38 sections different from what it should have been. Lots of lines of code are misplaced and missing.

I'm attaching the correctly modified Search.php (for SMF 1.14) here for comparison/diagnosis purposes only, note that the mod will NOT work if you simply replace the original Search.php with this file - unless you have the mod installed.

Richard Wing

Thanks for looking into this. Are you saying that you went through and fixed what I had? and that if I have the mod installed it will work if I upload this new search.php file?

If so will my other mods still work?

Also just so I know if my thinking is correct...

If I uninstall the Visual Verification Mod and try and install the Enhanced Search mod do you think it will work?

Thanks again for your time.
Richard Wing

ioszilla

No I was just saying a correctly modified Search.php (out of a virgin SMF 1.1.4 installation) should look exactly like the one i uploaded.

and that if I have the mod installed it will work if I upload this new search.php file?

I doubt it. Your visual verification mod might break if you upload the file directly to replace your current Search.php (which is almost entirely dysfunctional).

My suggestion for you is to manually edit visual verification mod based on your correctly modified Search.php as it'd be easier - but it's all up to you. I do not and cannot encourage you to uninstall any other mod that is not coded by myself. :)

Update: Just checked your forum, search seems to work pretty well, althou your visual verification mod might have broken.

ioszilla

Hmmm I'm not familiar with Turklord's dropdowns and I cant ascertain which language your site is in. :P

If you don't mind, attach your index.template.php and display.template.php here and I'll have a look :)

Matthew Schenker

This looks excellent!  Improving the search function has been one of the constant requests on my forum!

I have the following modifications installed on my forum.  Do you see any conflicts:
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.2
Rename Topic 1.0.2
MessagePreviewOnHover 1.5
FontandSizeDropdown 1.1
Member Color Link 2.0.0
EmailFlash 2.0
Ignore user 1.3
Inline Attachments 1.0.4.2
Image Popup 1.0
GoogleVideo BBCode by Yakuza 0.1
URL Popup 1.0

Thanks,
Matt

ioszilla

Thanks dannbass.

I had a look at your forum and Search template was properly modified and working. For the Search box on your TinyPortal, go have a look at L.G.S's Ruthless intent forum (http://www.ruthlessintent.com/board/index.php).

I see multiple mods have modified your index.template.php already and there's even a form field named "advenced" (should have been "advanced"?).

EDIT: wrt L.G.S's forum, registration is required to use the Search box.

ioszilla

Hi Matthew,

I have used none of the mods u mentioned above, did your package installer report any conflict? :)

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: wordzilla on October 20, 2007, 07:43:16 AM
...did your package installer report any conflict? :)

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I have not installed this package yet. 

I've learned it is often better to check in first and see if there are any known conflicts before installing!

While I have your attention: do you know if these features will be implemented in SMF 2.0?

Thanks!

ioszilla

Quotedo you know if these features will be implemented in SMF 2.0?

I have the latest SMF 2.0 beta 1.1 running here and from what I see the 2.0 Search function is only updated to support database abstraction plus fixing a few known bugs, that's all. So it's basically still SMF 1.1.4 search IMO. :)

ioszilla

I helped L.G.S with his Tinyportal search box a few months ago but I dont have his index.template.php at hand. So better send his a personal message. :)

Advertisement: