News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambasador

seems like you havent cloesd the PHP part of the script somewhere, search for that text in your index.template, and make sure there is a '; before it if html was written before.

ioszilla

MadTurki, go have a look in: /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Remove everything from "//Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings" to "//END DC SMF Search Text Strings"

MadTurki

Thanks a millions...  I was searching through every file I could think of to find it.  All gone now!  Thanks

falguni1

getting error

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Search.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Search.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.french.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    Test successful

wot to do.

ioszilla

Modify your index.template.php manually. :)

falguni1

TrueSatan

falguni1

TrueSatan

You need to manually edit the file...the links I gave show you details of how to do installs by manually editing the files.

daragor

hi wordzilla, your mod is great!. i need your help. but my english is poor.

i install the mod in my forum, with the theme overview. work fine! but i have a problem with the search in "this forum" and "in this topic", please see here:

http://www.webscom.com.ar/foro/index.php

and if u can, tell me which is the problem. thx, sorry for my english mate i speak spanish.
Webscom: Wordpress + SMF
Software Libre, Noticias y Entretenimiento.-

ioszilla

Hi daragor,

Perhaps your index.template.php was not properly modified (guess u had to manually modify it since it's not the default theme).

The following code might have been missing in your index.template.php:

// If we're viewing a single topic
if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="acttopic" value="', $context['current_topic'], '" />';

// If we're on a certain board
if (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="actbrd" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

jacbier

wordzilla,

Thank you for this mod. It is working perfectly on my forum!

Keep up the great work!

Slack

I get this error when trying to install?

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Search.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Search.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.french.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    Test successful

briankstan

help,  I installed this mod,   Finally got it added to my custom theme.   I tried a test search and all I get is a blank white screen, no error just a blank white screen.

can someone please help me with this?   I'd appreciate it very much.

here is my info:

I've also attached my index.template.php file and my search.tempalate.php file. 

I think it's the search.template.php file that is causing this.   I replace with an earlier version and the search works, but not the way it should be.   attached is the one that isn't working.

briankstan

just to inform everyone,  I have solved my issues.   apparently it was just some wierd code thing.  I had the code right, but I added it in using Wordpad and it didn't like it.

I was reading through some other topic and saw someone post that.  I downloaded Context and used it to add in the correct functions and now it's working.  great.

this is a great mod.   thanks.

john34516

i get that error

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Search.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

i try to modify the search.php manually but cant find some things

i upload my search.php to help me if you can

Slack

John34515,

Not sure what other mods you may have installed, this may not work for you.  But I uploaded a fresh Search.php file from the SMF 1.1.4 archive and the search mod installed without an error to that file.

fgoc

Hi,
Have installed this mod - had an error on install with the Shearch.php file so have manually editted this.

After entering a search string clicking the SEARCH button I'm now getting the error

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND NOT (t.isSticky = 1 AND t.locked = 1), , COUNT(*) / (t.numRe
File: /xxxx/xxxx.co.uk/www/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1858"

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance

fgoc

OK - have also now installed this mod on a fresh 1.1.4 install and have missing drop downs on the advanced search page (as per attached screenshot) The top quicksearch drop down is missing and the 2 on the main search page. Any ideas how to rectify? This happens using IE6, IE7 & Firefox.

index.template & search.template files also attached

Chan Kong-sang

Quote//Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings $txt['specific_topic_id'] = 'Specific topic id'; $txt['search_match_mode'] = 'Match Mode'; $txt['search_match_mode_whole'] = 'Match whole words only - least results, least noise'; $txt['search_match_mode_smart'] = 'Smart matching - balanced'; $txt['search_match_mode_any'] = 'Match any sequence - most results, most noise'; $txt['search_numReplies'] = 'Replies'; $txt['search_match_mode_whole_short'] = 'Match whole words only'; $txt['search_match_mode_smart_short'] = 'Smart matching'; $txt['search_match_mode_any_short'] = 'Match any sequence'; $txt['result_summary'] = 'Show/hide result summary'; $txt['result_generated'] = 'Results generated using '; $txt['zillarank'] = 'ZillaRank'; $txt['search_entireforum'] = 'Entire Forum'; $txt['search_thisbrd'] = 'This board'; $txt['search_thistopic'] = 'This topic'; $txt['search_members'] = 'Members'; $txt['search_entiresite'] = 'Entire Site'; $txt['search_view_all'] = 'View all'; $txt['search_match_criteria'] = 'posts in this topic that match your search criteria'; $txt['search_go_to_top'] = 'Go to Top'; $txt['search_go_to_top_single'] = 'Top'; //END DC SMF Search Text Strings
I'm quite sure this is a bug in the installation... i got it too. You can easily fix it by yourself.

SOLUTION
Open ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
put the ?> at the end of the file (it's above //Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings)

Advertisement: