News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Already dealt with several times in this thread. Read my previous posts. Kthnx.

TechPrince

I read before i posted my first reply.
Actually i was saying modification needed in mod to be compatible with 1.1.7 Search.php. So the need to replace this file will be gone.

ne.miguelito

I have SMF 1.1.7 and after all modifications appears this error:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/nemigue/public_html/Sources/Search.php on line 1332

the code in this line is:

Quote$temp_str_1st = "LIKE '%" . strtr($subjectWord, array('_' => '\\_', '%' => '\\%', '\\\'' => ''')) . "%'";

please help-me because this mode is important for me by searching with '(apostrophe)

regards

ioszilla

Ok, I've just updated this mod to 1.8.1.

Note: Fix a bug that caused searching with multiple quoted phrases to fail. Added Turkish lang support. New versioning scheme.

Thanks to mouser @ donationcoder.com for the bugfix and SONSiVRi @ SMF for the Turkish translation.  :D

Tested to work on SMF 1.1.8.

Also there SHOULD be no problem for you guys gettiing this to work on 1.1.5 - 1.1.7

ioszilla

I encourage you guys to visit a site that has been using this mod since its creation: http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php
(149k posts, 15.8k topics)

Hang around, do some search, get a feel. :)

Antechinus

There is no problem getting it to work on 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 as long as you load a 1.1.4 Search.php first. This is very easy and has been mentioned several times in this thread so I don't understand if some people don't get it.

I agree with NIBOGO though. SMF 2 desperately needs this mod.  

dcmouser

I've talked to wordzilla and it's enough work to migrate it to SMF2 that it's hard to get motivated to work on it unless there was some hope of getting it integrated into the official release.
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

ioszilla

Quote from: Antechinus on February 06, 2009, 10:40:50 PM
There is no problem getting it to work on 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 as long as you load a 1.1.4 Search.php first.

In 1.1.5 actually there is a single line fix to address the well known 'brd' is_array bug, just enough to make it incompatible with previous version of this mod. However search.php is same for all 1.1.5 - 1.1.8 releases (except for the version number in the header).

Quote from: Antechinus on February 06, 2009, 10:40:50 PM
I agree with NIBOGO though. SMF 2 desperately needs this mod.  

I havent got around to seriously study SMF2, but the SMF 2 search looks quite complicated to me, with all that db abstraction, api, and stuff. I'm rly kinda hoping to find people here who might be willing to team up and 'port' this mod to SMF 2.

Antechinus

Yup, I know about the bug fix but I find it easier to load a 1.1.4 file than to edit the later files. Either way will work. :)

I'd be happy to help test an updated version for SMF 2 but my coding knowledge is currently not sufficient to be much help in developing the thing.

andyv123

I installed the mod and love it! Just wondering, how do you get the member search on the same page as the board search on your site  ???

ioszilla

Quote from: andyv123 on February 09, 2009, 05:07:11 PM
I installed the mod and love it! Just wondering, how do you get the member search on the same page as the board search on your site  ???

I think it's a customized template by the admin of the site and is not a part of this mod. :)

jak6868

I'm getting this error with SMF 1.1.8:
It installed fine, no error messages. But when I execute a search, I get this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/j/a/k/jak68/html/wordhack/Sources/Search.php on line 616

It also uninstalls fine and then the original search box works normally.

I did a compare of the original search.php from the installation package, with what i have now, and they are identical. So I havent a clue whats wrong...

These are my mods:
Mod Name Version 
1. SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Anti-Spam Verification Questions 1.02   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. SMF Arcade 2.0.17   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Smf Logo Clickable 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. SimplePortal 2.1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Drafts (for 1.1.x) 1.08   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Add PM Info To Header (v1.1) 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0.2 2.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. Attachments Positioning 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 5.2.56   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. Word Description 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Skype Integration 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Google Talk Field 1.0.6   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. Add Domaintools to TrackIP 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. Signature Area BBCode Buttons 1.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. Enhanced Forum Statistics 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Trim Url 1.0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
18. Select All And Copy Code To Clipboard 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
19. Wikipedia BBCode 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
20. Prettier_Quotes 1.12   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

ioszilla

what's the version of your php, jak6868?

Note: I think dcmouser has found the problem.
See: http://us2.php.net/foreach

QuoteAs of PHP 5, you can easily modify array's elements by preceding $value with &. This will assign reference instead of copying the value.

So probably it is not supported in php 4

I'll upload new mod to make it compatible with php 4 soon.

ioszilla

Done, new mod ver 1.8.2 is there. Nothing to do with bugfixes or features, just minor changes to make it work properly with php4. If you are already using php5 and 1.8.1 then there's no need to apply this.  :D

jak6868

Quote from: wordzilla on February 11, 2009, 11:45:02 PM
Done, new mod ver 1.8.2 is there. Nothing to do with bugfixes or features, just minor changes to make it work properly with php4. If you are already using php5 and 1.8.1 then there's no need to apply this.  :D

hi wordzilla, yup I had php4, I'm trying out the new version...  update, worked, thanks

PHPLearner

Just wondering what I need to edit to make the default search for "Match Any Sequence" From the Drop Down "Entire Forum", I already got it for the search tab , Thanks A bunch!!

Retired_PS

Tried 1.8.2 with SMF 1.1.8 and initially had an empty drop-down box. I realized my other mod issues were due to my board being in English-utf8, so I switched to English and reinstalled it. Works great! Thank you wordzilla!

Shark-Time

Not working for me???

give some ERROR

Fatal error: Call to undefined function DropDownQuickSearch() in /home/giantwa/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2022) : eval()'d code on line 448

Help!!

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Antechinus

You're using a custom theme and have not edited your index.template to call the search form code. Follow the instructions from the mod parser on the download page.

Advertisement: