Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharks

Quote from: Antechinus on April 30, 2011, 02:58:41 AM
We're planning on doing it as an official mod for 2.0. We've already cleared this with the author of the mod.

That's one piece of good news... Something that's been unfortunately missing around SMF for a long time. I'm really glad that the SMF team has taken this search mod seriously.

BTW, how is the whole legal shenanigan with SMF 2.0 license change coming? It's been a few months since RC5, so i'm wondering if there is any progress being made before 2.0 final can finally be released.

FragaCampos

Sorry to bump this thread, but are there any news regarding the official release of this mod for 2.0?

Antechinus

Nope. Not yet. Will start stirring things up a bit.

sharks

There is an important question regarding this mod which is crucial on any SMF 1.1.x forum IMHO, as it vastly improves searching results. However, i have to ask if it's necessary to have this on SMF 2.0 (although it would awesome if it was updated for 2.0 final) but before SMF 2.0 final was released, i think there was some talk with ioszilla (the creator of this mod) to integrate some of his ingenious mod code into the SMF 2.0 code. Has this been done? So, does this mean that SMF 2.0 has better search than SMF 1.1.x with this mod?

Antechinus

Nope. 2.0 runs the same old search algorithm (IOW, not that great).

sharks

Quote from: Antechinus on June 30, 2011, 08:16:30 PM
Nope. 2.0 runs the same old search algorithm (IOW, not that great).
Well, then it makes the 2.0 release of this mod crucial before i upgrade my 1.1.x installations, which already use this mod very successfully. This mod makes a great difference in the search results and their presentation, sorting and several other options and features to customize how the search results are viewed.

Antechinus

Yes I am aware of that. TBH I have been thinking the same way about a 1.1.x site I manage.

FragaCampos

Quote from: sharks on July 01, 2011, 01:54:28 AM
Well, then it makes the 2.0 release of this mod crucial before i upgrade my 1.1.x installations

I second this. This is way important for my forum (and i believe dozens of 1.1.x forums) before upgrading to 2.0, which i would like to do very soon.
Hope this idea of making this official can go ahead.

Eleglin

Yes, I need it too for SMF 2.0
Thanks for this mod (that I have used for 2 or 3 years. I really enjoy it.)
and thanks in advance for an update !  :)
No support by PM or Mail.

spiros

My forum could not live without it :)

cellax

I am with you guys, waiting for this mod on smf 2.0

I hope it will be soon

sharks

Looks like we're building up a petition! :D But you are all absolutely right. I am also stuck on SMF 1.1.x due to the lack of this mod on the 2.0 platform. Searching a forum is crucial. I had thought that this would have been integrated into the base SMF installation. It would be real bad-ass if it were.

Paracelsus

Quote from: sharks on July 16, 2011, 12:29:34 PM
Looks like we're building up a petition! :D But you are all absolutely right. I am also stuck on SMF 1.1.x due to the lack of this mod on the 2.0 platform. Searching a forum is crucial. I had thought that this would have been integrated into the base SMF installation. It would be real bad-ass if it were.

Here is one more. ;D This MOD heavily improved the search results on my 1.1.x forum and I see no reason why it shouldn't be updated/integrated on 2.0.

sharks

Has anyone tested the 1.8.2 version on SMF 1.1.14? I installed it on a blank installation and it's giving me install error in Search.php

I guess the good times are over. I have already upgraded my forum to 1.1.14 and that mod used to work perfectly on 1.1.12

I guess something changed in the Search.php file which isn't accounted for in 1.8.2 version of this mod. Can someone help?

Tanith0709

Hope that this mod will be upgraded to work on 2.0 soon :P

Shorti25

spiros

Sorry to bump. Any news on this mod?

sharks

So many people asking for this mod to be updated... It must be the most requested SMF mod at this time! Can the developer please let us know if this mod has been abandoned?

Antechinus

Not abandoned, but nobody has had time to work on it yet.

FragaCampos

I think we should start a petition for high priority of this mod...

Advertisement: