News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josepzin

Quote from: Rammelslakje2 on April 29, 2011, 12:58:15 PM
But which one do I use for proboards?

First you need to know the forum type, for example phpBB2 or phpBB3 you can use Forumer or phpBB2

nneonneo

Proboards converter was removed due to a legal request from them.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Old Marcus

Hi, just to double check, this will import into SMF 2.0 successfully, yeah? Apologies if this has already been covered, But big thread and late night. :P

nneonneo

No, SMF 1.1.x only. You'll have to do a second conversion from 1.1 to 2.0.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Old Marcus

Thanks, I discovered this when looking up a SQL import error. So I dropped to 1.1 and I'm staying there for now. Thanks for your script, it was exactly what I needed. :)

josepzin

foros.net [nofollow] > phpBB2 > SMF2 = Finished!!!

I have added a filter to clear the HTML code of HOTWordsTxt ads.

Austin01

I'm having an issue with forumr_phpbb3 (For FreeForums) converter. It won't generate a random password/create the members in the sql file or the password file.

Old Marcus

Another question, my conversion went fine except passworded boards were not transferred. I'm planning to un password them and run the script again to get the data. If I import the forum data to the database, will it merge or overwrite the existing data? I don't want to reset the forum accidentally.

Austin01

nneonneo

@Old Marcus: The converted SQL will overwrite the existing forum data. Merging is not yet supported.

@Austin01: I just uploaded a new converter package; try the phpBB3 converter from that package.
spammers here!

Austin01

Austin01

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the forumotion one. I follow everything, after the import I click a topic and I get Topic doesn't exist but it shows the title and all topics imported fine. Help?

tjd100

You say the Proboards converter was removed... i just downloaded the zip file and it's still there.

nneonneo

spammers here!

Eric_WP

I'm fairly confused, every time I try to convert my Zetaboards forum, the database is no where to be found.  This is despite the fact that the script completes the process.  If it's not in the actual folder where the Python file resides, where else could it be? (I've already tried this twice, by the way)  Sorry if this has already been answered!

nneonneo

You don't see a bunch of .sql files in the same directory as the Python scripts?

When the script finishes, does it print out the conversion statistics? It should say "Completed! Elapsed conversion time xxxx seconds" followed by the number of topics and posts converted. If it doesn't print that out, the conversion was unsuccessful and you should see the critical_error.log or convert_error.log files for guidance.
spammers here!

Eric_WP

Unfortunately, it didn't generate any files, not even an error log even after it displayed the "Completed! Elapsed conversion time xxxx seconds" message.  I couldn't get it to work under Windows Vista, but fortunately I dual-boot Ubuntu as well and it worked perfectly there (I used Python 2.7, so it looks like yet another version works great with these scripts!).

Thanks a lot for the wonderful converters nneonneo!

PsychoticHorticulture

Great concept, thanks for all your hard work.

I was able to grab the SQL files from my old ZetaBoards forum, but I'm not able to import them in phpMyAdmin, I'm getting the "table 'smf_forums' doesn't exist" error whenever I try to import categories_forums. I've made sure they match up, but it's not working for some reason.

I've repeated this a couple of times, using different variations of the prefix. Sort of at a loss as to where to go from here. Using SMF 1.1.4.

ThePro

When trying to convert http://logosdecanales.com, which is a forumotion forum, It says that both members and topics don't exist

Is there anything that can be done?

Advertisement: