News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

You mean to say that the members did not convert? Can you look at members_smf.sql? The PM module depends on the file "pm_passwords.txt". Check that file. If it is empty, or contains fewer lines than there are members, then something went wrong during the conversion...
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

comtech

That's just it. There was no members_smf.sql file when it completed. It just did the categories, posts and threads.

Quote from: nneonneo on January 13, 2009, 07:23:14 PM
You mean to say that the members did not convert? Can you look at members_smf.sql? The PM module depends on the file "pm_passwords.txt". Check that file. If it is empty, or contains fewer lines than there are members, then something went wrong during the conversion...

comtech

Is there any way to rewrite the conversion script just to grab the members? Everything else came about just fine.

nneonneo

The converter should grab the members. The posts conversion depends on it, though, in order to link the posts to users correctly.

Is there a pm_passwords.txt file at least? It seems very strange to me that the converter would not output members_smf.sql...
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

comtech

I tried it again & the members_smf.sql was pretty much empty:

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_members`;

nneonneo

So, the problem seems to be that your "active members" list isn't shown. Try going here:
http://xprojectforum.yuku.com/admin/options

and checking the "active members list" box. If http://xprojectforum.yuku.com/domainstats/activemembers gives you a list of all the members, you should be good to go.
spammers here!

comtech

I see!  I just inherited the board from the original owner with the promise that I would save it & convert it over to our own server.

Thank you for all the help you have been offering! I deeply appreciate it.

Quote from: nneonneo on January 13, 2009, 08:32:04 PM
So, the problem seems to be that your "active members" list isn't shown. Try going here:
http://xprojectforum.yuku.com/admin/options [nofollow]

and checking the "active members list" box. If http://xprojectforum.yuku.com/domainstats/activemembers [nofollow] gives you a list of all the members, you should be good to go.

comtech

How long will converting members take?   The whole process has been going on almost 24 hours now.  I have close to 4,000 members. 

nneonneo

If it is still producing output, then it is probably working. However, if it is not showing any progress information, that is a problem.
spammers here!

comtech

It is still producing. What has been going on for the past 14 hours or so is the generating of passwords for the members.

I should have expected this seeing as I have close to 4,000 members.

jgsmuzzy

Evening,

One quick question (the first of many!).

In IF, what date format do I need? 

Got this message in the convert error log

"ValueError: time data 'Nov 10 2007, 23:06' does not match format '%b %d %Y, %I:%M %p'"

Many thanks in advance.

James

nneonneo

Nov 10 2007, 11:06 pm is the format you want.

If you want to keep the current format, the string '%b %d %Y, %H:%M' will parse it (edit the main converter and replace '%b %d %Y, %I:%M %p' by that)
spammers here!

Jimi1810

Thanks for the help you gave me via email nneonneo. Not successfully downloaded all the posts yet, I have got about 24 hours in to the process 2 or 3 times now before the download froze >:( is it possible because I have a LOT of Javascript customising the forum causing this? it worked fine on a small test forum with empty headers and footers. I did try disconnecting from the internet a number of times each time it froze but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?

nneonneo

Try increasing the number of posts and topics per page to the maximum allowable. This should make the downloads faster, which may prevent this from occurring.

There's a very specific fix for terminating frozen connections.

Download a utility called Process Explorer, from this site: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

This utility will allow you to close the connection which is being held open. When the connection freezes, fire up Process Explorer, and look for the python.exe process in the top window. Select it and press Ctrl+H; the bottom pane should show a long list of entries and filenames. Sort it by name, and look for "\Device\Afd" or "\Device\Afd\Endpoint". Right click on it and Close Handle. You may receive a warning about potential system instability; confirm and the converter should print out an error message and retry (which should clear the problem).

I have only tested this under Windows XP running Python 2.5-2.6. Under another operating system, e.g. Vista, this may not work; on Mac or Linux I have no idea how to achieve this result.

If I can get some further information, I might be able to devise a proper timeout mechanism to deal with this in the future.
spammers here!

Jimi1810

Great info thanks :) I'll give both of them a shot. I've got a Vista/Linux dual boot so will give it a try with Vista and see what happens, will let you know.

Jimi1810

Okay just to let you know it froze so I did as instructed for "\Device\Afd" but after the instability warning I got "Error opening process: the handle is invalid" I don't know if this should possibly be chalked off as 'another vista quirk' then.

I'm only trying to do a test convert for the time being, nothing urgent as I'm still not 100% sure whether I have the right host, so it's not a huge problem and I will probably try every now and again to see if anything works, but if there is anything I can provide which would be useful just ask.

Thanks again for all your help though :)

*sorry, scrap that; right clicking on the process explorer and running as administrator allowed me to perform it without any problems, the converter is now running again as it should be  :D

Jimi1810

Is there any way I can import the databases straight to SMF 2.0? it works perfectly with 1.1.7 but with 2.0 RC1 I get this in phpmyadmin:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `smf_categories` ( ID_CAT, catOrder, name )
VALUES ( 1, 0, 'English Football Boards' ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'catOrder' in 'field list'

Only reason I ask is because I would like to do the whole setup on 2.0 and then import the database right at the end, rather than import the database to 1.1.7 upgrade and then do the setup.

nneonneo

The output is not compatible with SMF 2.0, so you will have to import to 1.1.7 then upgrade.
spammers here!

Jimi1810

Advertisement: