News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrox999

acrox999

Well, I got a problem. Forumotion converter. It won't convert Posts, Topics, Forums etc. It only convert users. And when PMing password, I don't know why it stop at a user. Any help please?

nneonneo

Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

acrox999

accountholder

nneonneo, friends, it doesn't work for me.
I downloaded the latest version.
Then, what is the difference of IPBfree and InvisionFree folders?
I only got the forum, but nor the posts/topics and member lists.
The forum I wish to convert is: hxxp:gitalovers.com/. [nonactive]
Also, I do not understand to type a javascript code to the address bar to get the cookie. What the new URL should be?
It produced error.

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_boards`; TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_categories`;
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (1, 255, 0, 0, 1, 'RULES', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (6, 255, 0, 0, 6, 'Introduction', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (8, 255, 0, 0, 8, 'Important', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (10, 255, 0, 0, 10, 'Art', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (11, 255, 0, 0, 11, 'Entertainment', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (18, 255, 0, 0, 18, 'Polls', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (28, 255, 0, 0, 28, 'Fun', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (33, 255, 0, 0, 33, 'Gita's Show', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_boards` (ID_BOARD, ID_CAT, childLevel, ID_PARENT, boardOrder, name, description) VALUES (37, 255, 0, 0, 37, 'Latihan posting', '');
INSERT INTO `smf_categories` (ID_CAT, catOrder, name) VALUES (255, 254, 'Lost category');

settings.py
#!/usr/bin/python

# ---GLOBAL SETTINGS---

# Prefix of your forum tables
table_prefix='smf_'

# Make this value at least as high as the highest topic ID, if not higher. You can check by making a new topic and seeing what the showtopic= value is. Making it higher provides some protection against new topics.
NUMTOPICS=10000

# Make this value at least as high as the highest forum ID, if not higher.
NUMFORUMS=100

# URL to your index.php file
# for iPBfree, this should be
# http://<boardname>.<domain>.com/index.php
URL='http://gitalovers.com/index.php'

# ---TOPIC AND POST SETTINGS---

# IDs of stickied [pinned] topics. The pinned status is only retrievable by a mod from within the topic data (because they can "Unpin" it, otherwise the pinning is invisible). This script attempts to locate the Unpin, but if you are not a moderator or higher you will have to set the sticky/pinned topics setting manually!
# Example: sticky=[1,2,3,5]
sticky=[]

# URL to the lock/closed topic image (the image that appears instead of "Post Reply" in a closed topic)
# \\d means any digit
lockimage='http://static.\\d.ipbfree.com/style_images/ipbfree_v21/t_closed.gif'

# ---MEMBER SETTINGS---

# A random number, used to seed the passnumber generator. You'll want to keep this a secret! CHANGE THIS.
# Keep this the same across runs, because this ensures that the same passwords
# are assigned to the same people.
RANDOMNUMBER=12345678

# Make this value at least as high as the highest member ID, if not higher. Check by noting the ID of the member with the most recent join date.
NUMUSERS=100

# MAP THE GROUPS AND POSTGROUPS ACCORDING TO YOUR FORUM SETUP
# Mapping: for groups, map the "special" groups to their group #s, and the "nonspecial" or post-based groups to 0.
#groups={'Admin':1,
#'Subadmin':2,
#'Validating':0,
#'Members':0}
groups={'Admin':1,'Contributor':2,'Elite Member':3,'Global Moderators':4,'Graphic Team':5,'Moderators':6,'Retired Staff':7,'Validating':0,'Members':0}

# Here, define the postgroup based groups.
def postgroup(posts):
if posts>=5000: return 13 # Gita freaks
if posts>=3500: return 12 # Gita fanatic
if posts>=2000: return 11 # Gita holic
if posts>=1000: return 10 # Gita lover
if posts>=500: return 9 # Gita addict
if posts>=200: return 8 # Gita super fans
if posts>=100: return 7 # Gita fans
if posts>=25: return 6 # Interest
if posts>=10: return 5 # Just looking
return 4 # Newbie
#Newbie 0 Just looking 10 Interest 25 Gita fans 100 Gita super fans 200 Gita addict 500 Gita lover 1000 Gita holic 2000 #Gita fanatic 3500 Gita freaks 5000
# ---PERSONAL MESSAGE SETTINGS---

# Title for the new automated password messages
msgtitle="Password for New Forums"

# What to say. Place "%s" (without quotes) at the location you want the password to be.
# Use "%%0A" (without quotes) in place of a line break.
msgbody="Your password for the new forums at http://yournewforums.com is %s. The first time you login, you may be prompted to login again because of upgraded security. This will only occur once. After logging in, please change your password!%%0A%%0A[SIZE=-1]This is an automated message.[/SIZE]"

# Don't edit below this line
def get_cookie():
try:
return file("cookie.txt","rt").read().strip()
except IOError:
import sys
print "Error: cookie.txt not found."
print "Please run ipbfree_get_cookie.py to generate it."
raw_input("Press <enter> to quit.")
sys.exit(1)

if __name__=='__main__':
raw_input("This is not meant to be run. Please edit this file and follow the instructions. Press <enter> to close.")

nneonneo

Well, first of all, that forum is on Invisionfree, so you should use the Invisionfree converter.

When you visit your forum, change the address to "javascript:document.cookie" and you will get some text which should be put into COOKIEDATA. What error did you get?

iPBfree is a different hosting service with different code, so that is why there is a difference between iPBfree and Invisionfree.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Smile123

Hi

A week ago forumotion updated their forum software and now the posting can not be exported anymore. The update that was installed by forumoition can be found here: hxxp:help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/new-update-reputation-mod-points-system-advanced-profile-multi-quote-and-more-to-see-inside-t38734.htm [nonactive]

Some weeks ago I could succesfully use the conversion tool. Now it only creates an export of members and categories. When it's exporting the postings, I see it's exporting something, but it ends everytime with "Error: Topic is empty" and the file topics_posts_phpBB3.sql is containing afterwards only delete commands. The critical_error.log stays empty. I tried also the most recent converter from hxxp:nneonneo.net46.net [nonactive], but that didn't solve my problem.

I double checked hxxp:settings.py [nonactive], the default style of the forum and the time setting. When I remove line 405 till 408 from members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py it creates a new log convert_error.log saying "IndexError: list index out of range".

Did I overlooked something or is it the last update of forumotion which caused the malfunction of the converter?

nneonneo

It is most definitely this recent update. I have updated the converter for it.

I'm not sure why you would try to remove those lines. The rest of the conversion assumes that at least one post was converted, so you will likely get weird errors that have nothing to do with the original problem.

Anyway, http://nneonneo.ath.cx and http://nneonneo.net46.net have updated converters, so give 'em a go.
spammers here!

accountholder

Hi nneneo...
So many thanks Sir, your scripts realy worked after I placed the cookie data on the COOKIEDATA=''.

The original URL is: hxxp:z8.invisionfree.com/gitalovers/index.php [nonactive]

I used the latest verson:
hxxp:nneonneo.ath.cx/ [nonactive]

The next problems are:

1. Email Issue

I couldn't pull the members' emails.
I got them empty.

Then I viewed the members_smf.sql, I found this scheme:

INSERT INTO `smf_members` (`memberName`,`realName`,`ID_MEMBER`,`posts`,`dateRegistered`,`lastLogin`,`AIM`,`ICQ`,`YIM`,`MSN`,`websiteUrl`,`websiteTitle`,`birthdate`,`location`,`ID_GROUP`,`usertitle`,`avatar`,`ID_POST_GROUP`,`passwd`,`passwordSalt`) VALUES ...

The emailAddress column did not available there.

I do not have an administrator access to that forum. That was my friend's forum.
Is it required an admin previlege? Should I  request it from the administrator?
Did  the previlege as a general user cause that?
From what I saw, emailAddress column has already written in members_smf.py.
But it was not generated on the sql output.

Here is the query produced likes:
INSERT INTO `smf_members` (`memberName`,`realName`,`ID_MEMBER`,`posts`,`dateRegistered`,`lastLogin`,`AIM`,`ICQ`,`YIM`,`MSN`,`websiteUrl`,`websiteTitle`,`birthdate`,`location`,`ID_GROUP`,`usertitle`,`avatar`,`ID_POST_GROUP`,`passwd`,`passwordSalt`) VALUES ('Hawamaru','Hawamaru',4,4939,1194109200,1238177400,'','','[email protected]','[email protected]','http://www.friendster.com/xxx','http://www.friendster.com/xxx','1987-08-01','Banyuwangi',6,'jangan suka pipis sembarangan..&#33;?','http://209.85.12.227/12159/124/upload/av-4.jpg',12,'26497875811b23f489e607f1ebe518d2','');

2. signature issue

Signature was bundled in messages, not in members table.
Help me again please :)

Thank you.

Smile123

Quote from: nneonneo on March 27, 2009, 10:33:48 AM
It is most definitely this recent update. I have updated the converter for it.

I'm not sure why you would try to remove those lines. The rest of the conversion assumes that at least one post was converted, so you will likely get weird errors that have nothing to do with the original problem.

Anyway, hxxp:nneonneo.ath.cx [nonactive] and hxxp:nneonneo.net46.net [nonactive] have updated converters, so give 'em a go.

By removing these lines I was trying to get some other logging, explaining me what is going wrong. I tested the converters from hxxp:nneonneo.ath.cx [nonactive] and hxxp:nneonneo.net46.net [nonactive], but I still have the same problem. Is there a way to create debug logging?

When the exporting of users is finished I see this:

Downloading Forum Structure...
Forum f8 ... Completed!
Topic ID 1 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 2 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 3 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 5 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 6 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 7 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 8 ... Error: Topic is empty!

and the converter ends with:

Topic ID 273 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 274 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 275 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Elapsed Conversion Time 349.41 seconds
Converted 0 posts and 0 topics.
Complete! Press <enter> to exit.

Like I said before the export of users and topics is running correct. The export of posts does not work. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

nneonneo

@accountholder: You can't see member e-mails if you are not admin; this is a restriction of Invisionfree and I cannot help it.

About the signatures: you should set "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" in your Profile options to "No" to avoid showing them and accidentally appearing in converted data. Signatures are not converted to member data.

@Smile123: You probably aren't doing anything wrong; can you e-mail me settings.py at (my username)@gmail.com? At the very least, I'd like a URL so I can see for myself if anything is different from my test board, so I can make the converter work properly (it seems Forumotion rolls out their changes gradually across the boards, instead of all-at-once)
spammers here!

accountholder

Thanks for the answer, nneonneo.
I have logged as an admin too, my friend gave me that previlege, but i still could not convert members' emails.
I tried this twice.
I logged in as an admin, then I grab my cookie data in the board, to be stored at hxxp:settings.py [nonactive], and I ran the members_smf.py.

Signature is okay, fixed. Thank you.

ziycon

What version of SMF does the zetabaords convertor work with? All them?

Nisorin

Ziycon, from what I understand from reading it, his converter will work with up to SMF 1.7.

nneonneo

Zetaboards converter will work up to SMF 1.1.8.
spammers here!

ziycon

So convert the forum from zetaboards to 1.1.8 then upgrade from 1.1.8 to 2.0 is the best way yo go!?

ziycon

Ok, i have python installed, I've changed the settings file and I've gotten the cookie, when i run the members_topics_posts.py script the command shell window opens and closes straight away and i don't have any SQL files??
Getting this error:
QuoteC:\Converters\ZetaBoards>c:\python26\python.
exe members_topics_posts_smf.py
members_topics_posts_smf.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated;
use hashlib instead
  import os,re,sys,md5,random
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "members_topics_posts_smf.py", line 19, in <module>
    from common import *
ImportError: No module named common

I'm using it to convert from zetaboards to SMF 1.1.8.

nneonneo

Drop the common.py file from the converters package in the Zetaboards directory.
spammers here!

ziycon

nneonneo

You are using the converter from here? In the Converters directory, there are two files "common.py" and "split_sql.py"; drop the first one in Zetaboards.
spammers here!

Advertisement: