News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

The password can't be fixed, because I can't convert the passwords from iPBfree. Use pm_passwords.py to let each member know their new password.

As for viewing the forum, you have to do step 10a first.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 11, 2009, 10:44:48 PM
The password can't be fixed, because I can't convert the passwords from iPBfree. Use pm_passwords.py to let each member know their new password.

As for viewing the forum, you have to do step 10a first.

Oh Okay

pr0grammer1

I'm having a problem getting this to work on a DarkBB board: It downloads all the members correctly but doesn't download any forums, topics or posts. I've tried all the fixes you've posted through the thread as well as the version on ht@tp://nneonneo.net46.net/ and none of them change anything. I'm guessing it might be something in the cookie data (since the board requires registration).

The board is at ht@tp://menotah.darkbb.com/.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :)

(Remove @ from the links, it won't let me post the correct ones.)

nneonneo

Is DarkBB run by Forumotion? If so, use phpBB3 mode.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

pr0grammer1

Yes it is. I'll see if I can get the admin to switch it (I assume you checked and it's in phpBB2 mode now? It's a little hard for me to tell but it looks more like phpBB2 than phpBB3.)

EvenAngels

Er... Hi there...

Sorry for my first post (i think) being a cry for help, but... Well, I'm trying to convert a ZB board, but when I run the members_topics_posts_smf script, it opens the command window for a split second before closing.

I recieve no sql files from doing it either... So... What should I do?

Evens

nneonneo

@EvenAngels: I assume you are running in Windows? Did you install Python 3.x? If so, install Python 2.5 or 2.6 and try again.

If that's not the problem, drop the attached batch file in the converter directory and run it; post the output (right-click on the taskbar button and hit Edit->Select All; right click anywhere in the command window to copy)
spammers here!

EvenAngels

Hi nneonneo, I've actually already got 2.6 installed. So I downloaded and ran that batch file you attached, and it came up with this:

D:\www\eternalgarden.net\community>members_topics_posts_smf.py
D:\www\eternalgarden.net\community\members_topics_posts_smf.py:7: DeprecationWar
ning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import os,re,sys,md5,random
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\www\eternalgarden.net\community\members_topics_posts_smf.py", line 19
, in <module>
    from common import *
ImportError: No module named common

D:\www\eternalgarden.net\community>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

nneonneo

Ah. You need to make sure that you extract common.py from the original package and put it in the converter directory.
spammers here!

EvenAngels

That seems to have got it downloading. Thank you very much for the help. :)

Moneymaker13

Sounds awesome, I really need to go from forumotion to smf as soon as I can.. Do you have a link with instructions? I'm sorta a 14 year old newbie haha..

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Moneymaker13 on September 02, 2009, 05:45:45 PM
Sounds awesome, I really need to go from forumotion to smf as soon as I can.. Do you have a link with instructions? I'm sorta a 14 year old newbie haha..
Download it and the instructions will be in the folder.

mamaof2boys

I just wanted to thank you for releasing this converter.  I migrated my board from Yuku last night and it was an absolute breeze!!!  I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this and can't thank you enough!

Dr3w

Ok... I admit I am new at this. I have been trying to escape from yuku. Here is where I am:

• I use HostGator, which has Fantastico
  • I set up SMF 1.1.10 and set up rooms, an Admin account and one test member account
  • HostGator has phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.5 and MySQL, neither of which I have any idea how to actually use  :-[  I did go in and look around though.
  • I d/l Python 2.6.3 onto my hard drive

I can't find settings.py [nofollow] where I am supposed to "change some settings" - I'm guessing that is a Python file, but I can't find it using a search of my hard drive.

I can write CSS and HTML, but I feel as lost as a goose in a hailstorm right now.  :)

Norv

Quote from: Dr3w on October 11, 2009, 05:18:10 PM
I can't find settings.py where I am supposed to "change some settings" - I'm guessing that is a Python file, but I can't find it using a search of my hard drive.
Please the second topic in this board: you can see an attached .zip file, which has several converters.
You can find there also instructions, including for each converter.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ABCDiamond

Will this work with the new Zetaboards from invisionfree ?

nneonneo

Yes, it should work; there's a separate converter in the package for ZetaBoards, since ZB uses different software from Invisionfree.
spammers here!

Quexinos

This thing is pretty cool, thanks... I won't like get in trouble with invisionfree now will I? :(

Enders

It seems that the similes don't work. It shows them as links instead of replacing them with smf's

nneonneo

@Enders: Some converters don't convert the smileys. Which one are you using?
spammers here!

Advertisement: