[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el canadiano

You're wonderful. Thanks again. I would give a donation but I don't really have internet money.

Hitakashi

i tried this and it downloads the members but has errors on custom fields. and it doesn't download the post/threads/forums.
im trying to convert from forumotion

nneonneo

@Hitakashi: Make sure you follow all the instructions, particularly these two:

Before you begin, make some profile changes (NOTE: If these changes are not done, conversion will probably fail!)
In your user profile preferences, choose the English language
In your user profile preferences, set the date format to "2008-03-29, 19:46".
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Hitakashi

do i have to update it for all members or just me?

EDIT: i get this when i try it (i changed the date)

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py
:8: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import os,re,urllib2,sys,random,md5,cgi
Downloading Members...
Member 1 ... Downloading - Failed! <urlopen error [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo fail

EDIT: nevermind i forgot the / at the end of URL

EDIT: its not working, i did what you said it downloads the members but not the forums and post and threads

nneonneo

It should be changed in your profile preferences.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Hitakashi

yep i did all of that and it still doesn't convert threads/post

nneonneo

Make sure that the URL you used for the cookie is the same as the one you used in settings.py; this may be relevant if you use domain redirection.

If you still can't get it, PM me your settings.py and I'll have a look.
spammers here!

el canadiano

Alright, I guess that wasn't quite the end of the chapter as I said.

The converter did not convert some of the very big topics. Even when I was viewing 40 posts/page, it was going in excess of 90 or so pages, believe it or not. I understand it's a ridiculous amount of posts, so I told the owner that big threads might not convert due to the higher chance that it might end up crashing. Could you make a take on that?

nneonneo

I've successfully converted topics with over 150 pages without any issues. What problems do you see when it tries to convert a huge topic?
spammers here!

Hitakashi

i sent you a email i did what you said and added www. and im trying it out now, ill email/PM back if it doesn't work

Yea it didn't work

el canadiano

Quote from: nneonneo on February 28, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
I've successfully converted topics with over 150 pages without any issues. What problems do you see when it tries to convert a huge topic?

We got around it by splitting the big topic into two. There were at least 1000 posts and the thread didn't show up. So I think I'm fine now, thank you very, very much.

nneonneo

Oh, haha, I think I get it.

There's probably a comma somewhere (as in, "1,203 posts") which I forgot about.

So that I can fix this for a future release, can you please give me the URL of this topic? Thanks!
spammers here!

el canadiano

:P.

The forum I did that in? I overwrote it after the owner split the topic.

nneonneo

OK, that's alright then; can you tell me if it was ZetaBoards or Forumer, so I can try it out?
spammers here!

el canadiano

I was doing it in a forumer. The Zetaboards one seemed to convert with no complaints.

el canadiano

By the way, second comment and issue with the Zetaboards conversion (pretty minor).

After my Zetaboards conversion, the final category (just for fun on the link below) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dashing/index/

Also, I am attempting to convert a second Zetaboards forum to phpBB and then to another software. The same thing happened here, where the Admin Forum (hidden) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/ResumeBulletin/index/

Having said that, those were more minor categories, so that wasn't as bad, but thanks anyway.

TNoob

Can you really convert a Forumotion forum to SMF? I thought Forumotion doesn't give databases out?

nneonneo

@TNoob: it converts by downloading and padding the webpages served by Forumotion, so it does not operate on a database. 
spammers here!

TNoob

Quote from: nneonneo on March 06, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
@TNoob: it converts by downloading and padding the webpages served by Forumotion, so it does not operate on a database.

Would it essentially still work out to the same result though?

nneonneo

spammers here!

Advertisement: