News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

Are you performing a second conversion to SMF?

The Forumer forum must be using the prosilver theme. No other themes are supported.

To make an SMF account admin, change their ID_GROUP to 1.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

thehonestwaterbottle

Nope I'm just converting from phpbb3 on Forumer to phpbb3.

It is currently using the prosilver theme under my username. Does this have to be done via adminCP?

nneonneo

No, you shouldn't need to change it in the Admin CP.

To get admin on phpBB, use the Support Toolkit, available from the phpBB website.

I don't know why only one category converts. Can I take a look at your Forumer board?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

thehonestwaterbottle

Certainly :) It's: hxxp:forum.oamicro.org [nonactive] or hxxp:oam.50.forumer.com [nonactive].

Randy A

Quote from: nneonneo on November 29, 2010, 12:46:15 PM
The Proboards converter has been removed due to a legal request by Proboards, Inc. and is no longer available.

Well, that sucks.  I was just going to offer to move a friends board over.  Glad I stopped in to check it out.

thehonestwaterbottle

Quote from: bobbrown99 on December 07, 2010, 04:43:00 PM
Certainly :) It's: hxxp:forum.oamicro.org [nonactive] or hxxp:oam.50.forumer.com [nonactive].
Is anything happening with this?

nneonneo

Worked fine for me. Do all the categories appear in categories_forums_phpBB3.sql, or only some of them?
spammers here!

thehonestwaterbottle

Quote from: nneonneo on December 11, 2010, 02:19:04 AM
Worked fine for me. Do all the categories appear in categories_forums_phpBB3.sql, or only some of them?
Only some of them.

nneonneo

120 categories and forums appeared in the categories_forums_phpBB3.sql file from converting your forum. This seems like all of them.

I wish I could tell you what setting(s) were causing the problem, but unfortunately, I really don't know. I could just hand over my account and you could use it for your conversion; PM me if you'd like to use that option.
spammers here!

neojin3

Can I convert Zetaboards to Phpbb 3 and then convert it/use it directly to upload to a Phpbb platform such as FreeForums?

nneonneo

Only if the phpBB host supports importing (most don't). I'd ask the host if they support this feature first.
spammers here!

Austin01

I have a forum that has about 1500 topics and for some reason I get 200-300 or so to show, but with only one post in them and they clearly have more. The rest I get "Topic Is Empty"

nneonneo

spammers here!

el canadiano

Quote from: Austin01 on January 22, 2011, 10:02:30 PM
I have a forum that has about 1500 topics and for some reason I get 200-300 or so to show, but with only one post in them and they clearly have more. The rest I get "Topic Is Empty"

Did you use the updated one? He released another one after he converted Forumansion initially from my knowledge.

By the way nneonneo, I'm getting my own problems again, which I posted it in the phpBB forum. Did you see it? If not, is it easier for you to contact you here?

Austin01

I believe I'm using the most recent from here, I just downloaded the one on the first post.

nneonneo

I missed updating these packages the last time; my apologies. I will go do that now.
spammers here!

Austin01

SleepyTight

Hello, I am new and I appreciate all the hard work put into this.

I was wondering if I can use this to download my forum: hxxp:cityofangels.freeforums.org [nonactive]
On my computer and then put it on my own domain/web space?

and are there any concequences, losing data etc.

Thanks for the support.

nneonneo

Yes, FreeForums is supported. Download the converter package, install Python (http://www.python.org/download/), and follow the instructions for the Forumer_phpBB3 package. Polls are not converted, and user passwords will be set to a random value (which can be reset by members using their e-mail addresses). FreeForums will be converted to phpBB3; you can use the phpBB3->SMF converter to get an SMF database from that.
spammers here!

Advertisement: