News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

converteruser

umm does forumotion converter take too long to grab information? My friend tries to move her forum with 800 members and 60000+ posts out of forumotion to her own hosting account, and it has taken more than two days. She eventually gave up on that, for some reason I dunno. Is there a way to improve performance of this converter? o_o

el canadiano

Quote from: converteruser on January 24, 2011, 05:04:59 AM
umm does forumotion converter take too long to grab information? My friend tries to move her forum with 800 members and 60000+ posts out of forumotion to her own hosting account, and it has taken more than two days. She eventually gave up on that, for some reason I dunno. Is there a way to improve performance of this converter? o_o

It could just be your connection as well. Just be patient, really. Sometimes, if you know that you're going to take a while, just do it overnight (but it shouldn't take more than 2 days to do a conversion of your size, it's most likely the connection).

brandon199511

Im converting from zeta, and I have no idea where to put the files

nneonneo

Look for phpMyAdmin or a similar MySQL administration tool in your web host control panel (cPanel), and use the import function to import the files into your database.

If you can't find it or can't use it, ask your web host; different web hosts may differ widely from this guide.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Austin01

I have the converter up to date via here, however it seems to be giving me errors. It only transfers 25 out of 120 members and I get "Topic Not Found" for every topic. Any fixes?

nneonneo

Which converter are you using? Please remember to include that when you ask for help!
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

nneonneo

Nothing's changed. Please recheck your settings, and try it from a fresh account.
spammers here!

Austin01

Is it possible to create a free forums converter? Thanks!

nneonneo

There is probably a freeforums converter in the posted package or in the package at the phpBB forums.
spammers here!

Austin01

NuclearWizard

Using ZetaBoards converter to go to PhpBB2.0.22 on hxxp:s1.zetaboards.com/Nukia [nonactive] (Down for the move.)

It won't process user emails, but my major problem is that my host won't import the files.

I figured I'd post here first, but basically, it says something like:

"Error

SQL query:

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_topics` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1046 - No database selected "

Using cPanel/phpMyAdmin.

nneonneo

On the left sidebar of phpMyAdmin, select the SMF database. You should see all the tables in the database appear on the right side. Use the import tab that appears to import the database.
spammers here!

josepzin

Hi, i am new in Python (i am PHP programmer) and i am trying to convert a forum from foros.net [nofollow] on phpBB2

I have modified the Forumer_phpBB2. Members and Categories works ok, but topics, posts & posts_text dont work and i dont have idea what is the problem :/

Foros.net has this tips:
- The URL is http://www.foros.net/viewforum.php?f=2 [nofollow]&mforum=Commodoremania (<<-- my forum identifier is here)
- The language is Spanish

I have added a new global setting: URL_POSTFIX='&mforum=Commodoremania' what i use in same places of members_topics_posts_phpBB, for example: userdata=download_page(URL+'profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u='+str(memberid)+URL_POSTFIX,statusline+"Downloading - ",COOKIEDATA)

And it works! :)

But i do not know what is the problem with Topics and next...

There are my 2 files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/546470/temporal/borrar/Foros.net_phpBB2.zip [nofollow]

Suggestions & helps are grateful!!!

nneonneo

The problem is that none of the regular expressions for links (categories, forums, topics) are expecting another parameter at the end, so they fail to recognize the links.

You will want to change these three lines:
# category detection
re_cats=re.compile('''<span class="cattitle">\\s*<a href="[^"]*index\\.php\\?c=([^"]+)" class="cattitle">(.*?)</a></span></td>([\\w\\W]*?)(?:<td class="catLeft"|</table>)''')

# forum detection
re_forums=re.compile('''<span class="forumlink">\\s*<a href="[^"]*viewforum\\.php\\?f=([^"]+)" class="forumlink">(.*?)</a><br />\\s*</span>\\s*<span class="genmed">([\\w\\W]*?)<br />\\s*</span><span class="gensmall">''')

re_pages=re.compile('Ir a p&aacute;gina <b>1</b>.+?">(\\d+)</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;')

re_topicviews=re.compile('<a href="[^"]*viewtopic\\.php\\?t=(\\d+)" class="topictitle">[\\w\\W]*?<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="postdetails">([\\d,]+)</span></td>\\s*<td class="row3Right"')

to
# category detection
re_cats=re.compile('''<span class="cattitle">\\s*<a href="[^"]*index\\.php\\?c=(\\d+)[^"]*" class="cattitle">(.*?)</a></span></td>([\\w\\W]*?)(?:<td class="catLeft"|</table>)''')

# forum detection
re_forums=re.compile('''<span class="forumlink">\\s*<a href="[^"]*viewforum\\.php\\?f=(\\d+)[^"]*" class="forumlink">(.*?)</a><br />\\s*</span>\\s*<span class="genmed">([\\w\\W]*?)<br />\\s*</span><span class="gensmall">''')

re_pages=re.compile('Ir a p&aacute;gina <b>1</b>.+?">(\\d+)</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;')

re_topicviews=re.compile('<a href="[^"]*viewtopic\\.php\\?t=(\\d+)[^"]*" class="topictitle">[\\w\\W]*?<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="postdetails">([\\d,]+)</span></td>\\s*<td class="row3Right"')

You will also need to add URL_POSTFIX to the remaining download_page calls.

Thanks for the heads-up about foros.net! It seems there's a lot of phpBB2 systems using the &mforum thing so I will try to see if I can add this change to the next version.
spammers here!

josepzin

Wow... thanks for responding so quickly!

later I try to see if I have luck :)

josepzin

Ok!! Now i can read categories, topics and posts!!!! :)

But there are a problem: only read the first page of topics.

I think the problem is here:
re_pages=re.compile('Goto page <b>1</b>.+?">(\\d+)</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;')

Using "Goto page " stop by error:
Categories and Forums
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 338, in <module>
    forumnumber=dl_cvt_subforum(catnumber, catid, None, forumnumber, name, '')
  File "members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 334, in dl_cvt_subforum
    nextfn=dl_cvt_subforum(catnumber, cid, sfid, nextfn, sname, sdesc)
  File "members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 327, in dl_cvt_subforum
    perpage=int(re.findall('f=%s&amp;topicdays=0&amp;start=(\\d+)">2</a>'%fid, pagedata)[0])
IndexError: list index out of range

If i change "Goto page " to anything (for example "XXXX") it works but only read the first page of topics. HELP! :P

Tip: in my foros.net [nofollow] profile i have changed the language from "spanish" to "English"

nneonneo

Actually, the problem is this line:

File "members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 327, in dl_cvt_subforum
    perpage=int(re.findall('f=%s&amp;topicdays=0&amp;start=(\\d+)">2</a>'%fid, pagedata)[0])

On that line you have to add the URL_POSTFIX part too.
spammers here!

josepzin

Thanks, thanks!!  :) :) :)

Now work it! I am cheking what all the data are OK in my new SMF forum, and then i will send you the new code!

Rammelslakje2

Hello,

I re-registered on this site especially for this. I loved using SMF and the features it comes with, also addons like Tinyportal etc. I have also i've read most of the topics in this thread, unfortunately didn't read all 20 of them so I might missed something. Cause i would like to export a proboards database into SMF.

But which one do I use for proboards?

thanks

Advertisement: