News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafaweborama

Hi there,
I can't download the files from the second post. It only sends me a blank index.php download prompt, I'm not sure if it's a SMF issue here or a the attachment.
Thanks.

nneonneo

Rename the index.php to Converters.zip, and it might work.

It's most likely a temporary SMF issue.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

converteruser

Why is proboard converter removed? Is there a way I can get it? Please help.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: converteruser on November 23, 2011, 01:45:30 AM
Why is proboard converter removed? Is there a way I can get it? Please help.

It was removed because ProBoards asked us to remove it. nneoneo might still have one that he can send you though - send him an email or PM for more info.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

nneonneo

Actually, you do run this on your own computer (unless your host supports running Python scripts, e.g. through SSH).
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

nneonneo

When it says "edit", it means you open that file with a text editor. You will see some lines like the following:

URL='http://forum.com'

and you can edit those lines as specified in the Instructions.
spammers here!

nneonneo

The converter produces .sql files. If your SMF host lets you import those, great. Otherwise, you will have to find some other way.
spammers here!

EpsilonSigma

Hello!
I have 2 questions:

1. Can I convert from forumotion directly to smf or do I have to convert to phpbb first?

2. After I tried the forumotion converter, everything went fine through the end, but it only detected 285 users out of 460.
The convert_error log has this:

Member ID 74
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\...\Converters\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 292, in <module>
    raise Exception("Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails.")
Exception: Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails.

Member ID 176
  File "C:\...\Converters\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 292, in <module>
    raise Exception("Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails.")
Exception: Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails.

Member ID 196
And keeps going for the rest members.

I took the COOKIE thing from the forum, while i was logged in as administrator. Do I have to change cookie and take it from admin panel as the error says?

Thanks in advance for your help.

nneonneo

@neojin3: Are you using Python 3? If so, please install Python 2.7. Does critical_error.log have any content?

@EpsilonSigma: 1) No, you have to convert to phpBB first.
2) Do what the error says to do.
spammers here!

EpsilonSigma

I did it but now it cant locate any username.

The first time I run the members_topics_posts_phpbb.py , it went smouthly through the entire proccess, but the problem is it detected only half of the usernames. The rest (topics and posts) where all there.
Now that I try it again, it gives me this convert error log for all the usernames:
Member ID 1
  File "C:\...\Converters\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 292, in <module>

I do what it says, I log in to my admin panel, take the cookie, paste it in settings, but still the same problem.
Any ideas on what am I doing wrong?

nneonneo

spammers here!

EpsilonSigma

No, even worse.
It returns this critical error:

File "C:\...\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 217, in process_member_email_page
    raise Exception("Empty admin page -- double check cookie?")
Exception: Empty admin page -- double check cookie?

I checked the cookie and it seems ok.

Edit:

I noticed that in my administration panel, when I go to the users and try to navigate to other pages than the 1st, it redirects me to home. Is it possible that this causes the problem? Did forumotion do something to my account?

And the javascript:document.cookie did nohing on firefox, so I took it from ie (dont think it has to do with this though...)

nneonneo

@EpsilonSigma: If you can't see the admin panel, then the crawler can't either. Just leave it be for a few hours (up to a day); it usually resolves itself. The new converter should be less likely to trigger this "bug" in the admin panel.

@neojin3: Again, does critical_error.log have any contents?
spammers here!

nneonneo

You need to unzip all files. In particular, the "common.py" file must be present.
spammers here!

neojin3

Yes, I realized that may have been the mistake, after you mentioned the log file, and it's working now.
I'm gonna delete all the posts of mine with stupid questions.

nneonneo

@neojin3: Please don't delete your posts. They may help others in the future.
spammers here!

CF

Ok, I read all 22 pages and I think I've followed the instructions to the letter (I am fairly tech savvy, but not coding, SQL, HTML, or database saavy).  But I get hung up right out of the gate.

Preliminary info:
*Using Zetaboards to SMF crawler/converter.
*Using Python 2.7
*Moved the "common.py" file into the Zetaboards folder
*Edited the "settings.py" file with:
--custom domain/URL
--ZBURL
--location of the locked icon image (NOTE: this is a custom Theme and the locked icon resides in a photobucket album)

When I double-click the "zetaboards_get_cookie.py", the DOS-like window open and prompts me for the username and password.  I enter those (they are correct, I checked).  There is a short pause, then several lines of text flash faster then I can read them, and the window closes.  There is no confirmation of anything before or after the window closes.

However, a new file called "settings.pyc" appears in the Zetaboards folder.

When I try to run "members_topics_posts_smf.py", I get "Error: cookie.txt not found" "Please run IPBfree_get_cookie.py" to generate it."

Any help would be appreciated.

nneonneo

Could you put the line

import common

at the top of zetaboards_get_cookie.py, on a line by itself? Then run it again. It might close unexpectedly, but this time it should generate a file called critical_error.log; post the contents of that file.
spammers here!

CF

Quote from: nneonneo on January 23, 2012, 10:36:03 PM
Could you put the line

import common

at the top of zetaboards_get_cookie.py, on a line by itself? Then run it again. It might close unexpectedly, but this time it should generate a file called critical_error.log; post the contents of that file.

In the Python window, I get:
"Warning: confusables database not found; phBB3 conversion may be inaccurate!
Username?"

I enter the username and password and the python window closes immediately.
The critical_error.log file contains the following text:

File "C:\Users\CF\Documents\SMF Crawler Files\Converters\ZetaBoards\zetaboards_get_cookie.py", line 19, in <module>
    conn=urllib2.urlopen(URL+"login/log_in", data=urlencode({'anon_on':1,'cookie_on':1,'uname':username,'pw':password}))
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 394, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 412, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1199, in http_open
    return hxxp:self.do [nonactive]_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1174, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed>

(Then I went back and removed "import common" from the Zetaboards_get_cookie.py file so I wouldn't forget to do it later.)

nneonneo

That means that the URL was entered incorrectly in settings.py. The most likely cause is a missing slash at the end.
spammers here!

Advertisement: