News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff691

Hi guys.  I have left ProBoards and they gave me a text file with all my posts on it.

Is there any way I can transfer that to SMF ?

Thanks.

bros

Trying to use this for a forum motion forum.

It is running into an issue because it is going too fast.

bros

Never mind, got it working. Now trying to user pm_passwords and it does not work. says view a HTML file to see the error, it is just the login screen

geoff691

Hi guys.  I have left ProBoards and they gave me a text file with all my posts on it.

Is there any way I can transfer that to SMF ?

Thanks.

emanuele

Hello geoff691,

it depends on the file structure...(do not post it here)

ETA: it would be better if you open a new topic for this kind of requests I think. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Lout

Worked great for me converting a Zetaboards forum with over 100,000 posts and 350+ members. Spoilers didn't work but that's not a major issue tbh.

Thanks for the hard work in creating the converter tool  :D

smagal

converter says that (for example): 'member 159... warning: member doesnt exist'
and also it says that topic id 765 is empty...
I try to convert phpbb2 forum from hxxp:fora.pl [nonactive] (Polish host, they dont allow you to download your databese) but it doesnt work.

what do i do wrong?

STRetard

Does the converter still work with moving from Yuku?

I tried to run it, it works up until the point of downloading forums. Board 1 completes with 0 topics, then it hangs at Finding topics for Board 2. Any ideas?

nneonneo

@smagal: does it say that about all topics and posts? Or just some of them? phpBB2 converter should work with fora.pl, though you must ensure the board is in English and that the time format is "U".

@STRetard: Yuku converter should still work. Make sure you've enabled topic views, and changed all "blog" forums into regular forums.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

m0j0mann

Hi, I downloaded managed to get a hold of the proboards converter before it was removed, but I'm befuddled by this line in hxxp:settings.py [nonactive]:

Quote# This variable is a "map" of ProBoards board shortnames to board passwords.
# Put the shortname followed by the password, both in single quotes.
BOARDPASSWORDS={''}

What exactly is it asking for?

Assuming you're still allowed to help people who already have the converter, I'd really appreciate some assistance.  :)

struggler

Hey,

I'm trying to get away from Forumotion....

Pythonscript worked flawless, however I have problems imporing the members.sql

Whenever I try it get :

#1146 - Table 'test.smf_users' doesn't exist

I triplechecked if I had the wrong prefix but it is "smf_" in the hxxp:settings.py [nonactive] aswell as in my installation.

I would appreciate any help.

could it be that this crawler doesn't work for the latest SMF 2.0.2 release (table name changes?) ?

nneonneo

@struggler: Script specifically says it works only for SMF 1.3.x. Import to an SMF 1.3 board, then upgrade that to SMF 2.0.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

struggler

DamselStruction

Hello Everyone,

I am not very good with this kind of thing, so I'm going to ask some layman's questions here and I hope you can be patient with me.

I need to convert and Invisionfree Power Board to SMF. I need to know what I will need from Invisionfree to make this happen.

Will I simply need a (full database backup from Invisionfree) + a blank SMF forum of the correct series on my server to accept the database backup?

Is it that simple or much more complex than that?

Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide.

Jim

nneonneo

@DamselStruction: This Invisionfree converter is meant for users who can't (or won't) get a database backup from Invisionfree.

If you can get the backup, you should convert using the normal IPB 1.3 converter (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146211.0).

The process is almost as you describe, but the backup you get will need to be converted first. Follow the IPB converter's instructions at the posted link.
spammers here!

hensko

Hi there!

I have an forum at hxxp:forumup.com [nonactive], and the are not willng to give me an backup of the database..  :(
They are using phpBB 2.0.23 and I´+m trying to get the crawle going..

I can get the users, but get some errors in convert_error.log
Member ID 2 (e-mail retrieval)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 222, in <module>
    dat[3]=re.findall('<input [^>]*name="email"[^>]*value="([^"]*)" />', adminda
ta)[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

The output is:
Downloading Members...
Member 1 ... Warning: Member doesn't exist!
Member 2 ... Exception: See convert_error.log
Member 2 ... Completed! User Password: 383877983212
Member 3 ... Warning: Member doesn't exist!
Member 4 ... Warning: Member doesn't exist!
Member 5 ... Warning: Member doesn't exist!
Downloading Forum Structure...
Categories ... Completed!
Smileys ... Completed!
Renumbering Posts
Elapsed Conversion Time 5.20 seconds
Converted 0 posts and 0 topics.
Complete! Press <enter> to exit.

And no critical errors..

Any ideas?
My skills in python is none, but shellscripting and php is my thing..  ;)

nneonneo

spammers here!

struggler

I'm still having a similar problem, with the forumotion converter . I am able to grab the users (with help of dions modified version, but which he posted on the phpbb forums.
However each topic/category grabbed has 0 posts/topics.

Any help would be (once again) appreciated!

Se7yne

Hi nneonneo

I'm not too sure how to explain my problem so I hope this makes sense... I've made it through the first 3 steps with no issues and I think I've done everything right so far, but I'm stuck on step 4. I've never done anything like this so I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious...

I'm trying to import the SQL files but I keep getting this error:

QuoteError
SQL query:

INSERT INTO  `smf_categories` ( ID_CAT, catOrder, name )
VALUES ( 1, 0,  'Welcome' ) ;

MySQL said:

#1054 - Unknown column 'catOrder' in 'field list'

I've tried importing the file a couple times, I've set the character set to UTF-8... I also tried copying the data directly into the SQL query window and got the same error message.

Do you have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

zellogames

Hello,

I am trying to convert a zeta to the new SMF version
How can I do that?

Advertisement: