Mozilla

Started by KompLo, August 18, 2007, 01:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KompLo

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Deaks

this is a nice theme,

however im worried about the FF logo ...
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Dragooon

Yeah you are right.
Mozilla can raise there hands because of using there TM.

Kevin Paquet

Yes of course they could.
But it just looks so nice.

forsakenlad

Nice theme and he can redistribute the logo:

Quote from: Mozilla Trademark PolicyYou may make t-shirts, desktop wallpaper, or baseball caps with Mozilla logos on them, though only for yourself and your friends (meaning people from whom you don't receive anything of value in return). You can't put the Mozilla logo on anything that you produce commercially -- at least not without receiving Mozilla's permission. Of course, Mozilla owns and operates the Mozilla Store, which sells a wide range of CDs, Guidebooks, T-shirts, and products with Mozilla software and logos. That's how we make some of the money that keeps us around.

But as you can see he has modified the logo which is against it:

Quote from: Mozilla Trademark PolicyThere are two additional broad categories of things you can't do with Mozilla's logos. The first is to produce modified versions of them. A modified logo also would raise the possibility of consumer confusion, thus violating Mozilla's trademarks rights, too (remember the overarching requirement that any use of a Mozilla trademark be non-confusing?).

I hope this clarifies things a little

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

medflux

hey people just a question , i see it's a nice theme , so u can use it with changing the banner and forum buttons , can't we??

Deaks

yes you can modify a theme as much as you like for your own site, if you want to release it as a theme though you need to get the original authors permission and should also say its based of this theme.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

medflux

i installed this theme and it's wonderful , except for two small problems which are annoying me actually :

1.The forum is narrow with this theme and i like it to be wider at least as the default one .... really it will be much better , i don't know how to increase the width of the forum , i mean the front page and subsequent inner pages

2.the main menus bar above arranged the buttons into two rows which appear irregular and i want them all to be aligned side by side , in single row ... i think it will be fixed if i increased the width or may be there is something else ???!!!

one more thing , how can i add additional buttons to the main bar linking to other pages ???
plzzzz hel me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
thanx

medflux

JAPS

how dumb the black color of banner for blue?

Marook

Nice Theme ! Respect.... good Job. More plz....
SMF Rulez ;) | Meet me home ! | My Mods

MkC

Thank you for learning the functioning of tag html...

<div class="tborder" ', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' style="width: 100%;"' : '', '>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">

<tr>

<td class="catbg" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="right">

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" style="margin: 0;">

', template_menu(), '

</table>';

it misses her at the end of tag: <form>, <td> and <tr>  :-X

AON21

Quote from: medflux on August 19, 2007, 08:40:51 AM
i installed this theme and it's wonderful , except for two small problems which are annoying me actually :
one more thing , how can i add additional buttons to the main bar linking to other pages ???
plzzzz hel me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
thanx

I'm not having the other problems, but I would like to be able to add the Gallery link and other links into the menu... Any suggestions?

SM_User007

I am also getting the non-centered navigation bar like medflux. Can someone take a look at it please? I would do it myself but I'm clueless when it comes to PHP. This is probably one of the best looking skin I've found and I would love to be able to use it.

Thank you.

carlos12

well men i need change the credits of the theme instead of what you say down to say $ mozillatheme SMF can please men

Advertisement: