BlackRainV.2

Started by Crip, August 18, 2007, 01:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Quote from: Scrambled Egg on September 15, 2007, 04:51:08 AM
also, a big no-no in creating websites is that people browsing the site should never have to scroll sideways. Scrolling downwards and upwards is fine, but never sideways. This them requires visitors to always scroll sideways to read what is printed in the right most part of the page. In other words, the page is too wide for the monitor.  This problem should certainly be fixed with this and ALL other themes.

It has width control in the style.css
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

erlend_sh

Still no word on my requested improvements? Especially the problem about the text-boxes is a real pain...

Crip

Quote from: Sadr on October 04, 2007, 05:13:35 PM
Still no word on my requested improvements? Especially the problem about the text-boxes is a real pain...

I do No request improvements, & AFAIK -- the text-boxes are fine as is.

- Abraham Lincoln -

mycorollas

dont know if this has been posted already, couldnt find anything on it

but mine didnt showthe most online stats on the board index so i found this code in the board.index.template for the theme

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
   if (!empty($context['users_online']))
      echo '
            ', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

echo '
            <br />', $context['show_stats'] && !$settings['show_sp1_info'] ? '
            <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=stats">' . $txt['smf223'] . '</a>' : '', '

</div>
      </td>
   </tr>';

and added the code i found for it in the default template and added it, had to get rid of the td and put it into the exsiting div instead of out of it but finally found a way to put it on

here ya go

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
   if (!empty($context['users_online']))
      echo '
            ', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

echo '
            <br />', $context['show_stats'] && !$settings['show_sp1_info'] ? '
            <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=stats">' . $txt['smf223'] . '</a>' : '', '
<span class="middletext">
', $txt['most_online_today'], ': <b>', $modSettings['mostOnlineToday'], '</b>.
', $txt['most_online_ever'], ': ', $modSettings['mostOnline'], ' (' , timeformat($modSettings['mostDate']), ')
</span>
         </div>
      </td>
   </tr>';

Crip

Thankx for sharing the above info mycorollas!

crip~

- Abraham Lincoln -

KillerWorm

I like it... a lot!  However.... I can not use it on my site... because it is too wide.  It isn't even sized right for 1024 x 768.  I have that resolution setting, and I still have to scroll to the left and right to view the whole forums.  Is there any was yo fix this... at all?  Because I want to use this... but I can't because it is too wide =/

Crip

Quote from: KillerWorm on October 27, 2007, 05:39:43 PM
I like it... a lot!  However.... I can not use it on my site... because it is too wide.  It isn't even sized right for 1024 x 768.  I have that resolution setting, and I still have to scroll to the left and right to view the whole forums.  Is there any was yo fix this... at all?  Because I want to use this... but I can't because it is too wide =/

I can't understand why you, and no one else has this problem?./.Have you mods installed that may have caused this?..or possibly you edited the theme some-where?

- Abraham Lincoln -

erlend_sh

Quote from: crip on October 31, 2007, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: KillerWorm on October 27, 2007, 05:39:43 PM

I can't understand why you, and no one else has this problem?./.Have you mods installed that may have caused this?..or possibly you edited the theme some-where?
- I have it too, both themes.

tones_ie

opps...   sorry..   can i get  amod to delete this...   wrong section i posted in

midorianne

I have used your Back-N-Black theme for several years & was looking to make a change.  I just installed Black Rain V.2 and everything seems to work just fine except one image.  Here is screenshots of the problem.

This image which is usually the "on" or "off" image is broken.
On the main page it works just fine, but on all the subcategories it doesn't show.

When I right click to see what the problem is it shows this.  Can you help?  Is there a broken script somewhere I need to fix?
PS:  I removed my URL to prevent spammers.

Thanks in advance.   :D

Crip

Quote from: midorianne on December 30, 2007, 06:42:29 AM
I have used your Back-N-Black theme for several years & was looking to make a change.  I just installed Black Rain V.2 and everything seems to work just fine except one image.  Here is screenshots of the problem.

On the main page it works just fine, but on all the subcategories it doesn't show.

When I right click to see what the problem is it shows this.  Can you help?  Is there a broken script somewhere I need to fix?

Quote from: midorianne on December 30, 2007, 06:42:29 AM

That should be by default the /images/icons/xx.gif .. so it must be a missing icon image is all i can think of??

- Abraham Lincoln -

midorianne

After looking over your demo I can see that it is the xx.gif
With further inspection the image is present and working correctly on my server. 
It is the URL path script on the actual template that seems to be missing.  I uninstalled the theme & reinstalled it and that did not change anything.  Where in the code is this script located so I can either add it or repair it?

Thanks again for all your help.   :D

Swayforth

Hello Crip,

I have looked here and the TP site and i have not found an answer to my problem, i am hoping you could help me.

I am trying to add a button to the menu that links to an external URL, i have yet to see any examples that not only works but also looks like the rest of the buttons on the menu. I am very new to php so i am sure that is the first issue but could you enlighten me?

Thank you,

J

Michael D. Garcia

I tried downloading this theme from 3 different computers and the file is corrupted.  Can you reupload a new archive?

Thanks!

MDg

Crip

I'll check the present zip, if corrupt i will replace it.

- Abraham Lincoln -

Hot Rides

crip, i like the theme, I am trying to get my coppermine gallery to match.
Im working on the main menu buttons right now and I am having a bit of difficulty understanging how you made the color change on the mouse-over.

The 'maintab_*.gif is the image I should edit correct? to me it looks like the buton when its moused-over, I dont see an image that matches the button itself.

Hot Rides

Quote from: Hot Rides on January 25, 2008, 10:42:46 PM
Im working on the main menu buttons right now and I am having a bit of difficulty understanging how you made the color change on the mouse-over.

The 'maintab_*.gif is the image I should edit correct? to me it looks like the buton when its moused-over, I dont see an image that matches the button itself.
can I get any help?

Swayforth

Quote from: Swayforth on January 12, 2008, 09:48:33 PM
Hello Crip,

I have looked here and the TP site and i have not found an answer to my problem, i am hoping you could help me.

I am trying to add a button to the menu that links to an external URL, i have yet to see any examples that not only works but also looks like the rest of the buttons on the menu. I am very new to php so i am sure that is the first issue but could you enlighten me?

Thank you,

J

I too would like some directions here. Could you assist or not.

Thank you

Crip

Quote from: Hot Rides on January 25, 2008, 10:42:46 PM

There is No main_tabs.gif // mirror_tabs.gif on Blackrain main menu... it's only two small images [tabright] tableft] for the entire menu ..
Add any or all additional buttons the same as --> [home] and [help] -- basic copy + paste, that's it..

- Abraham Lincoln -

Hot Rides

Quote from: crip on February 19, 2008, 09:21:24 AM
There is No main_tabs.gif // mirror_tabs.gif on Blackrain main menu... it's only two small images [tabright] tableft] for the entire menu ..
Add any or all additional buttons the same as --> [home] and [help] -- basic copy + paste, that's it..
ok, thank you, now I know where to look

Advertisement: