News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help - Page cannot be displayed

Started by RichardYabut, October 29, 2004, 01:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardYabut

Have issues here.

Everytime I try to edit the Features and Options.. even just using the "expand all" link... it gives me a Page cannot be displayed error.

It works perfectly for "Edit Server settings... "

I checked the PHP settings, MySQL settings... and everything else.. I can't find the problem.

Now here's the kicker...

On the same Exact Server.. I have another  forum, same version, using the same PHP and using the same mysql server.... I even copied files between the 2......   but the second forum NEVER have a problem.  Only the other site.

Server info:

MySQL 4.0.13
Xitami WebServer PRO
PHP 4.3.9
Forum Both using RC2

Thanks for any help.

Richard

RichardYabut

I want to add that I already did a search on the forum here and tried all the suggested solutions... nothing worked. :(

Thanks.

[Unknown]

Can you please use repair_settings.php to compare some of the most crucial settings of the two installations?

What is repair_settings.php?

If that doesn't help, is the meta refresh on for either of them?

-[Unknown]

RichardYabut

Thanks for the Quick Response...

I compared between the two....

Oddly... The Database Driven Sessions option was OFF on the working forum.... After switching the Database Driven Option to OFF on the problem forum.. Everything is working now.

I noticed that it is recommended to have it on... was there any particular reason why it should be?

There was also some problem with the "slash" between backwards or the other way around, but I can't confirm if that made a difference or not.

Thanks again for the help!

Richard

[Unknown]

Generally, database-driven sessions are more reliable.  I'm surprised they gave you problems, but that is why the option is there to turn them off... it depends largely on the host.

Quote from: RichardYabut on October 29, 2004, 02:45:56 AM
There was also some problem with the "slash" between backwards or the other way around, but I can't confirm if that made a difference or not.

If you mean / vs. \, you are probably on a Windows server - and no, it shouldn't matter.

-[Unknown]

RichardYabut

I noticed that on my previous setup, the Database Driven worked perfectly fine under NT.

I didn't have this issue until I switched to XP.

Thanks again for the quick response!  and for that "reset_settings" file.  That was a great help and kept it for future use.. :)

Advertisement: