Why SMF has no TOPIC RENAME option?

Started by dzembak, August 23, 2007, 05:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzembak

Why SMF has no RENAME TOPIC option for moderators? Now, the only way to rename is to MOVE topic and to another forum and, then, back.

Tony Reid

Double click on the space immediately to the right of the topic name in the message index.

Tony Reid

dzembak

WOW!!! I used SMF for two years and never knew that! :D Thanks!

zepfms

Yeah, didnt know ether, this was a bit difficult to discover. 

However, I double click next to the topic and I enter the new topic. What I have to do next to save the new topic? I tried to hit enter, escape or click somewhere else...

Thanks

ps: Using smf 2.0 RC3. I hope there is no difference with 1.x

Tony Reid

Once you have modified the title - clicking off of it onto another empty space, or pressing enter(or return) should set the title correctly.

At least it still does on SMF 2.0RC3 using chrome and firefox browsers.

Tony Reid

zepfms

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2010, 04:52:03 PM
Once you have modified the title - clicking off of it onto another empty space, or pressing enter(or return) should set the title correctly.

At least it still does on SMF 2.0RC3 using chrome and firefox browsers.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me :(

I use SMF 2.0 RC3 / SimplePortal 2.3.2 using firefox and chrome on Fedora 14

Maybe it is a SimplePortal Issue.

Thanks for the reply :)

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

zepfms

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2010, 05:02:31 PM
Perhaps, could be a theme issue too.

I will try to find out the reason and post back.
Thanks

Paul_Pauline

You can just go to the first post and edit the title there   :o
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

zepfms

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on November 15, 2010, 05:03:55 PM
You can just go to the first post and edit the title there   :o

Yes you are right. However it would be nice to be able to rename all the posts at once (I dont know if this happens with the double click approach though).

Quote from: Tony Reid on November 15, 2010, 05:02:31 PM
Perhaps, could be a theme issue too.

I changed the theme to the default with out any luck. :(

Paul_Pauline

You know, I just assumed that would change all the posts in the topic, I never noticed it didn't   :-[

The double Click works on my custom theme though   :)
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

viulian

Apparently you need to have quick mod active because the source code seems to access (at least on 2.0 RC5) a form named quickModForm.

x[x.length] = 'subject=' + document.forms.quickModForm['subject'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit().php_urlencode();

And in my case it doesn't work also ...

There was a plugin that allowed bulk renames of topics (and kept the "Re:" , but it seems is not ported to 2.0).

live627

viulian

It's this one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=384

Meanwhile - for the behavior above - I've checked the code and created a bug report (I'm beta tester).
In the profile, you have to have show quick moderation as checkboxes (not as icons). And then it works - but! - it only renames the first message only .. the server code supports renaming all messages, but the UI (.js files) does not submit the an additional parameter to do so.

live627

This one *is* ported to 2.0 - http://dev.live627.com/index.php?action=mods#65 (it's also on the mod site here but without a bug fix...)

Advertisement: