News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can this be done? 2nd board linked from main

Started by jazz, October 30, 2004, 01:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz

Please be patient with me.  I'm farely new at this.  I have to add that I love everything about SMF 1.0 RC2.  I recently upgraded from YaBB SE 1.5.5.  I love all of the upgrades that have been made.

Will someone please explain to me how I can create a 2nd board to create an archive for all of the older items?  I'd also like to create a link targeting the archive files from the main index of the forum.  Can this be done?

A.M.A

Admin -> Manage Boards -> Add board -> name it (archive)
After you have successfully create it you will be taken back to the 'Manage Boards and Categories' window .. from there click 'permissions' beside that board name.
You will be taken to the 'Manage Permissions' window and from there click on 'Modify' beside each group .. what you need here is basically to 'Disallow' any right to create or reply to posts.

Now that you have finished this you will have to move those old topics from other boards to the 'Archive' one.
Profile -> Show quick-moderation on message index as -> checkboxes
This will add checkboxes to each post in the messages index page .. go there and sort the posts by 'Last post' descending and check the posts you need .. scroll to the end of the page index and you will find two drop down lists .. pick from the first one 'Move selected to:' and from the second one the name of the board which should be 'Archive' and hit Go.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Advertisement: