News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Beta 1 Released to Charter Members

Started by Grudge, August 24, 2007, 11:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

Shadow, He said earlier that he paid. As Thantos mentioned there are a few problems going on with Paid Subscriber.

elwizard

Good job staff  ;) Waiting  for the SMF 2.0 final release to update MKPortal. When will be left it to public?
Other question: what I have to do to be a charter member?
Thanks  ;D

babjusi

Quote from: elwizard on August 26, 2007, 01:16:29 PM

Other question: what I have to do to be a charter member?
Thanks  ;D

Here you can read all about the Charter membership

http://www.simplemachines.org/charter/

elwizard

trioptic

wow!

I have been a long-time SMF user, and they have been the backbone for many of my sites, especially with the easy integration compared to other solutions.  This release not only answers many gripes, but looks AWESOME (I see the forum is now running on beta).

regarding charter membership - does that entitle me to some assistance at upgrading my existing 1.0.8 to the 2.0 beta, along with future updates to the beta as well?  (Well, I would probably wait until a few betas down the line before attempting).  I have used a few custom hacks, but I don't need to keep them - I would only want to keep my member logins, and the certain posts.  I would be able to do lots of cleaning up before hand... (perhaps this is better in an email?  I figured this post would be just as good of a place as any).

SleePy

Yes as a charter member you can submit a ticket with the information we need (You will find a topic with the information we request for a upgrade/install in the charter boards). But as your thinking it would be good to wait a bit before you use 2.0 in a live environment. Though you can get Charter at any time as it does last a full year.
Runnings tests is perfect on test sites :) Thats what lots of the Charter members are doing and it is helping find those mistakes :o

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

christicehurst

I have been thinking of getting Charter membership, howver I live in Australia aand the cost would be greater. Any idea what the convertion currency rate would be?
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

Gary

$50.00 USD = $60.3726 AUD

So not a lot really.

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

christicehurst

I might not get Charter because I don't have time to test it out and it 2.0 doesn't work with any mods or themes. Even TinyPortal won't upgrade for a fair while.
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

Ðyєgσv

Those are amazing news! I can't wait until upgrading my forum, though I'll have to wait until it gets fully released.

Congratulations for the magnificent work guys ;)

青山 素子

For those who want to calculate the cost of charter membership in their local currency, check http://www.xe.com/

Also, to enforce a point: This beta is not a good idea for using to upgrade a production board, especially one with mods and custom themes. Right now, very few mods have been updated, and practically no themes will work.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

lepard

I am chomping at the bit. Been waiting almost 24 hours now and still nothing. Hoped to upgrade my page today. Arghhhhhhhh. Lalalalalalalalalalala.. Charter member upgrader please start working.

Quote from: lepard on August 26, 2007, 10:50:01 AM
I have still not been upgraded.
Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

青山 素子

Quote from: lepard on August 26, 2007, 11:58:07 PM
I am chomping at the bit. Been waiting almost 24 hours now and still nothing. Hoped to upgrade my page today. Arghhhhhhhh. Lalalalalalalalalalala.. Charter member upgrader please start working.

Send an e-mail to info at simplemachines.org with the transaction number PayPal provided, please.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

lepard

Sent.

Quote from: Motoko-chan on August 27, 2007, 12:09:04 AM
Quote from: lepard on August 26, 2007, 11:58:07 PM

Send an e-mail to info at simplemachines.org with the transaction number PayPal provided, please.
Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

Jazhawk

Must be stuff under the hood because it looks exactly the same to me.

-Jazhawk

shadow82x

theres a lot of new features for users and admin like group selection, editor, pm rules/layout and a lot more redesigned things for the admin.

It's nothing like 1.1 trust me
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

codenaught

Quote from: Jazhawk on August 27, 2007, 01:06:31 AM
Must be stuff under the hood because it looks exactly the same to me.

-Jazhawk
Well no new default theme has been released at this time. There are a number of noticeable changes on the user level that you can see if you look around such as WYSIWYG poster, option to ignore specified boards on unread posts page, improved calendar display, many additional settings for displaying pms including 'rules' that let you determine what happens to your PMs. However I won't argue, certainly A LOT of the additional stuff is in the backend, such as the moderation center and many new options in the admin panel.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

phasuk111

hxxp:asiangolfthai.blogspot.com [nonactive] AND hxxp:premier-league-soccer.blogspot.com [nonactive]

Daniel15

QuoteThis beta is not a good idea for using to upgrade a production board, especially one with mods and custom themes. Right now, very few mods have been updated, and practically no themes will work.
Anyone want Bloc's Apollo theme for SMF 2.0? I upgraded it manually (for my site), and it's probably the only other SMF 2.0 theme at the moment :P
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Advertisement: