News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Beta 1 Released to Charter Members

Started by Grudge, August 24, 2007, 11:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel15

Please note that most mods are currently not compatible with SMF 2.0. If you're using any mods, they will be removed during the upgrade. I have not had time to update my mods, but they should be updated shortly :).

A snapshot of the SMFShop development version that's partially compatible with SMF 2.0 may be downloaded from http://smfshop.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/snapshots/smf_2-0/smfshop-20070826-r126.tar.gz. Note that I have not worked on this since April, so I'm not sure whether it still works or not.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

ZeusChicago

:D Excellent. See, that extra month or so for Charter Members wasnt so bad, heck, the time flew by!

Z
~ in the end, you will remember not the words of your enemies, but in the silence of your friends ~

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

PoLlama

For the WYSIWYG poster, there is one small issue that really kills it for me.

If you click in the box(with no text), the cursor does not appear, and if you click off the text, the text is not unselected/the cursor does not appear at the end of the text.

Small, but really, really annoying.

shadow82x

Ahh I get that too at my forum. Also sometimes when you use codes it displays the closing tags.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Dannii

Congrats to the Dev team (and all the others too)!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Stargater59

Wow, I really can't wait for 2.0. So many things being added..

Just like to say though, that I would like to see a new theme. Nothing against the current one. But this being 2.0, a new look would be cool.

shadow82x

As said so many times a theme will be coming. When 1.1 was out the the theme did not come out until RC2.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

codenaught

Quote from: shadow82x on August 25, 2007, 11:57:57 PM
As said so many times a theme will be coming. When 1.1 was out the the theme did not come out until RC2.
Just a correction: A new theme is likely to come. We haven't made any promises with this however. One thing we defintely want to work on is getting the HTML output polished up and more semantical with fewer tables where tables are not needed.

And yes 1.1 didn't have a new theme until RC stage. There is a chance it may take awhile before 2.0 would have a new theme as well.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

lepard

Just signed up and am awaiting my upgrade. What do I do next?
Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

codenaught

Quote from: lepard on August 26, 2007, 01:02:04 AM
Just signed up and am awaiting my upgrade. What do I do next?
I reckon that you just need to wait for a moment. I think once your payment goes through you will be added to the Charter Members group automatically and will be able to download SMF 2.0 Beta 1 and upgrade your forum. And of course if you need help upgrading it you can post a ticket in the CM helpdesk (when you have access) for someone to do it for you.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

scheols

Want a Custom profile sig like this?(no SMF board has it join now)

SleePy

Though I highly recommend you don't upgrade a live environment to 2.0 Beta 1.
It is our first 2.0 Beta so their might be issues and it may take time to get it fixed.

As well No mods will work with 2.0 and most will require rewrites to work with 2.0.
And Custom themes will not have the new Features that the new themes have.
As well as languages are not all updated to 2.0

So basically your forum will be clean of any customizations really :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Thantos

There appears to be an issue with the subscription handler.  Some of you may have to wait for manual confirmation.

nitins60

Nice to see SMF2! once i recieve my google payment for this month, will take charter membership. i will be waiting for admod upgrade!

Hqjrt

Well I have the beta now and :fapfapfap: it's awesome.

LiroyvH

Very nice software,
thank you :)
I liked the upgrader :P

Couple of bugs, but heyyy, it's a Beta :P
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Tristan Perry

Am about to install this on a real server (I've only been playing around with it on my local test server) - should be fun :P

And I agree with CoreISP, the upgrader is pretty awesome!

Ryan

Quote from: Thantos on August 26, 2007, 01:22:45 AM
There appears to be an issue with the subscription handler.  Some of you may have to wait for manual confirmation.
SO finnaly SMF have the same problem everyone else seem to have with the paid subscription mod, hopefully they can fix it :) and release a fix woo!

lepard

Rick Lepard

Careful of the simple police

Advertisement: