News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

{COMPLETE} Smiley Organization Mod!

Started by BiGBLiZZ, August 25, 2007, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGBLiZZ

Sorry, I meant add_settings.php  Yes, in the README there should be instructions for removing the tables through phpMyAdmin.  Here is what you do:

Log into phpMyAdmin, browse to your forums DB find the tab for SQL and click it.  Once loaded you should see a blank text box with the heading "Run SQL query/queries on database {your DB's name here}: " and a "GO" button on the bottom right of the box.

Inside the box type this (or copy and paste from here):

DROP TABLE `smf_smiley_groups`;
ALTER TABLE `smf_smileys` DROP `smileyGroup`;

This will remove all the SQL data and teh table/column that the Mod created.  THEN, go back to the SQL box and type this:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_smiley_groups` (
  `groupNumber` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `groupName` varchar(10) NOT NULL,
  `groupOrder` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`groupNumber`)
);
ALTER TABLE `smf_smileys` ADD `smileyGroup`  bigint (20) NOT NULL;

This will add everything back as new and empty.  You should now have no groups under manage groups tab in admin panel.

Conversley, the other option is easier (I just feel it important to know how to do the above as well) and faster and does the same thing...

In phpMyAdmin browse to your forums database.  find on the left (the listing of tables) the table named smf_smileys.  Click this name and on the right will appear each column that is inside the smf_smileys table.  On the right find the column named smf_smileyGroup  check the tick-box next to it and click the "EMPTY" tab up top.  You will be asked for confirmation, say yes.

Back on the left hand side click the database name to bring you out of column view.  On the RIGHT now, scroll until you see the smf_smiley_groups table and check the tick-box next to it.  Scroll to the bottom of the tables listing and you should see a drop down box that says "With Selected:"  find the option for "Empty" (should be first one) choose it and confirm.

Now your tables are like new with nothing in them and you can start again. :)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Awesome!  I will try that tonight and let you know what I find.  As of right now, I can add as many groups as I want, but can't add smileys to groups, or shift between them.

BiGBLiZZ

Do you mean you don't know how or you can't for some other reason?

To move smileys into Groups, you simply go to the Admin panel and choose "Edit Smileys" tab.  All of your current uploaded smileys will be shown (this hasn't changed from the pre-mod forum).  check the boxes next to the ones you want to move and at the bottom of the list you will find a drop down menu.  Opening the drop down menu will display all your choices, among which will be the names of the groups you created.  Simply click the name of the group that you want the selected smileys to be in and it will reload the page and those selected smileys will be in that group.

If this is not working for you, I may need to see what is going on, unless you can explain it to me here :)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on September 05, 2007, 05:17:19 PM
Do you mean you don't know how or you can't for some other reason?

To move smileys into Groups, you simply go to the Admin panel and choose "Edit Smileys" tab.  All of your current uploaded smileys will be shown (this hasn't changed from the pre-mod forum).  check the boxes next to the ones you want to move and at the bottom of the list you will find a drop down menu.  Opening the drop down menu will display all your choices, among which will be the names of the groups you created.  Simply click the name of the group that you want the selected smileys to be in and it will reload the page and those selected smileys will be in that group.

If this is not working for you, I may need to see what is going on, unless you can explain it to me here :)

LOL - I'm not THAT much of a newbie.  ;)

It won't let me - or rather, I go through all the steps you detailed (I'm not a coder but I DO know how to utilize the features of SMF), and it either

a) makes no changes at all, or
b) puts them into the WRONG groups.

So technically it is not letting me make the changes.

BiGBLiZZ

PM sent to hdhoran and Dem0n!  Thanks for testing! :)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

Quote from: Kung! on September 05, 2007, 10:41:13 PM
LOL - I'm not THAT much of a newbie.  ;)

It won't let me - or rather, I go through all the steps you detailed (I'm not a coder but I DO know how to utilize the features of SMF), and it either

a) makes no changes at all, or
b) puts them into the WRONG groups.

So technically it is not letting me make the changes.

I will sign in to your test account and have a look in a few minutes....
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

Had a closer look....  there are a few problems I will need you to take care of Kung...

1st, the Smiley Pops Mod has been removed from the package list, which tells me you either tried to uninstall it or deleted it partially. Either way will produce these kinds of errors.  The SQL is still intact as noted by the manage groups tab in the admin panel.  This means you can create groups and such, but they technically don't really exist, as the rest of the mod is not there.

2nd, take a look at your package manager of installed Mods.  you have gone through quite a few upgrades, but you did the 1.1.2 update twice...  I don't know what types of problems this could cause.

There are also Mods that aren't installed correctly (although I can't pin point which ones right now) and is probably a situation where you installed a Mod and it worked but you didn't do everything needed for the theme you are using (like change the themes files not just the default themes files) and while the Mod may still function you are sitting at 7300 pages of errors in your error log.  This causes undue strain on your server (SQL not web host) and may interfere with the SQL actions for the Mod.

By scanning the error log before deleting it, you can figure out which files are causing it and then probably which Mod is ultimately responsible for the error logs.

If you fix all those and uninstall the Smiley Pops Mod and then reinstall it, you should be okay :)

Let me know
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Well, to make a long story short, there was another 'techie' there (not myself, not Ladycat) who did the same thing....'cept she obviously messed some stuff up.  Suffice to say that I've not installed all that many mods at all.  I did do the 1.1.2 upgrade, but only once; not sure how it got done twice.

It may take me some time to fix the problems; I'm not altogether sure that I can without some assistance - thus the reason I thought it *might* make more sense to reinstall another SMF forum alongside, import the forum/posts, and then switch over to that.

BiGBLiZZ

I agree.  I can offer some help with that if you like, but I am off vacation from work as of today, and I am coaching high school football this year (yay!) and this is game week #1 so we are extra busy there.

I can do what I can for as often as I am online if you need it, but if LC sent you a copy of our last IM conversation I basically outlined there what you can do with that.

:)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Well, based on what I just found out about how easy it is to reinstall/repair the SMF installation I will probably do that instead, and then proceed w/there with your mod.  :)

hdhoran

Ok I installed it and am having a blast. I have an extremely heavily modded forum with a custom them and this baby is working like a charm! Easy to install, no errors, no problems. I'm playing with it some more just adding more smileys....I have 1000+ to organize....oh yeah and running with TP.

But so far I'm in love and so are my members! And Army wives are a tough group to please! lol

BiGBLiZZ

Awesome!  I am glad you are enjoying it.  My main forum has over 1000+ as well, this is a huge help to me.  I don't have a group of wives to please, just one.. but I understand your erm.. pain :D
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Ok, totally reloaded the forum, and all is well there.

BUT

I am having the craziest problem trying to load your mod now.  I've loaded exactly two mods so far - vReportBoard mod and the Spam mod.  We were toying around with loading the Blabberizer mod, and I loaded it, and then thought "Naah..." and uninstalled it.  All appeared to load correctly.

Now...whenever I try to apply the SmileyPops mod, it tells me "Warning - some files aren't going to work correctly" and it shows information on the BLABBERIZER mod.

Any ideas?

Kung!

Never mind...figured out what it was.  Incorrect permissions on the Packages folder.  :)

BiGBLiZZ

Does it list which files wont work?  If so, either list them here OR find those files in the zip that you used to install the new forum, upload them and over write them, then try to apply the Mod again.

<edit>  Saw your edit.. so we are up and running now? </edit>
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Well, not really.

The site was reloaded, as you know; that went fine.  The Packages directory is chmodd'd correctly.

When I was finally correctly able to run your mod, it told me that SMF was at 1.1.3, yet the DB was at 1.2, or 1.1, or something, and I should run upgrade.php.

I downloaded the 'large upgrade' version of SMF, and uploaded just the upgrade.php file and ran it, and it completed but with errors:

QuoteUpdating Settings.php... Successful.

Warning: file(/home/agri/public_html/christian/upgrade_1-1.sql) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agri/public_html/christian/upgrade.php on line 1126

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/agri/public_html/christian/upgrade.php on line 1138

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/agri/public_html/christian/upgrade.php on line 1140
Successful.
Taking the forum out of maintenance mode... Successful.

Should I be uploading and then running the ENTIRE 'large upgrade' tar.gz file?

Once the DB is upgraded, I suppose the Smiley thing will work.

BiGBLiZZ

Everything should be okay.  That error text is based off the changes made from RC1 to 1.1   I am not sure what causes it.  As long as you ran upgrade.php and uploaded the sql file it should be okay.

Think you are clever?
Prove It!

shadow82x

Make sure you uploaded the upgrade1-1.sql files/chmoded them to 777.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Kung!

Aah, that I did NOT do.  I shall do that now.

Advertisement: