{COMPLETE} Smiley Organization Mod!

Started by BiGBLiZZ, August 25, 2007, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kung!

Ok....did that, and it worked like a charm.

However, I try to install the mod, and I just get

Database Error

File:
Line:

And that's it.

*sobs*

LOL

BiGBLiZZ

That's because you still have the SQL entries in the database for the Mod.  Follow the above for removing the SmileyPops database table entries and install again.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Well, I'm curious as to whether or not there's something else going on as well.  I just tried to remove another mod that's not working (the vReportBoard mod) and it's saying ALL tests fail for uninstalling it.

But I gotta get it to work somehow, so I might as well get cracking.  I'll follow your instructions on the database table entries.  :)  Thanks.

BiGBLiZZ

Are you at the same forum address or a new one?
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Kung!

Same one....aaaand that didn't work.  Same error still.

If it would help things, we're both on the board now, and we are both using MSN messenger, if you use that.

BiGBLiZZ

Think you are clever?
Prove It!

junglecat

I have a question. How do I get the smiley mod popups to show on the posting form in themes other than the default one?
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join us at Christian Discussions 

BiGBLiZZ

Hi!  Sorry I didn't come back last night, my wife grounded me from the computer to watch movies :D  a good reason I think.

For your question, you shouldn't have too, however, if you do you need to look at the files in the Mod and do a manual install of the Mod on the theme.  To help there are only 5 files that are edited in this mod...  /Sources/ManageSmileys.php; /Sources/Subs-Post.php; /Themes/default/Post.template.php; /Themes/default/ManageSmileys.template.php and /Themes/default/languages/ManageSmileys.english.php

Search your themes directory and any of those files that are there are ones NOT used by the default theme, so you will need to follow the add/replace instructions in the install.xml in the Mod (click list files) and manually make those changes.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

junglecat

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on September 09, 2007, 01:00:00 PM
/Sources/ManageSmileys.php; /Sources/Subs-Post.php; /Themes/default/Post.template.php; /Themes/default/ManageSmileys.template.php and /Themes/default/languages/ManageSmileys.english.php

Hmmm. None of those are in the theme that the mod is not showing up in.

I'll look in the settings for that theme and see if I'm missing something.
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.

BiGBLiZZ

It's this one:  /Themes/default/Post.template.php   Fixing it for you now :)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

junglecat

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on September 09, 2007, 01:42:52 PM
It's this one:  /Themes/default/Post.template.php   Fixing it for you now :)

Dang, I must be blind! I don't know how I missed it. :-[

I know.... not enough sleep for 2 nights running. Been staying up too WAY late and getting up WAY too early. I'm running on fumes.

BiGBLiZZ

Well, I got them to show up, but they don't pop up when clicked.  I am wonder 2 things.. why this themes feels it needs a separate Post.template.php file (nothing is different except it uses some of other default theme files in it in a different order)  and second, why you have to be so difficult :p
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

junglecat

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on September 09, 2007, 02:30:09 PMand second, why you have to be so difficult :p

Sorry! :-[

When we get our links mod installed again, I'll post a link to your site. Will that help make up for some of the trouble? You've gone above and beyond!! :D

BiGBLiZZ

LOL, I was kidding.  I will have to take some time to look at those files in that Theme to see what is causing the problem.  I think I know where, but I can't do it from work.

If you want to use a different theme until then so everything works you can.  That's what I would advise, but it is your forum :)
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

junglecat

I have another theme I would like to use, but it doesn't show the smiley mod either, plus it has one other problem.

I use my newsbox for rotating a few hundred inspirational sayings, and this other theme doesn't rotate them one at a time. It displays ALL of them at once, so that I have to scroll a mile down the page to see the content below them.

BiGBLiZZ

Okay I will take a look as soon as I can.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

Okay, since we got the database repaired and themes working with new Mods (including this one) on Kung and Junglecat's forum and everyone else that helped test had no further problems, I have submitted this for approval.

I don't know how long it usually takes (anyone know? I am excited) but hopefully they will approve it and we can move on from there.  If they don't approve it I will post it in a thread with warnings or something (depends on what SMF says)

Thanks to everyone for testing, even those that didn't post here but kept it all through PM.  You were a big help.

I have a couple ideas fr an upgrade already, but since this has been 2 years in the making as is, I will move that down the priority list a bit.  WOOT!
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

GollumOfOz

If you need more testers, I run SMF 1.1.4, Alienation theme, heavily modded. I would love to help you test thisl
Site Owner:
Games Room Online [nofollow]