Registering not working in Firefox

Started by Tristan Perry, October 31, 2004, 08:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Perry

Hello,
I was fiddling around with the Register.php and Register.Template files and when testing what I changed, I couldn't register in Firefox (PR1). It works fine in IE but not in Firefox. I have downloaded a fresh version of RC2, and uploaded the newest versions of the 2 files I was messing around with, but still no luck. I can't register in Firefox even with the new versions of the files. When I try all that happens is the page reloads after I hit the Register button..
  Is this a known problem in RC2, or is it a problem on my end?
Thanks in advance,
Tau Online.Org

EDIT: Link

Ben_S

Sounds like a problem on your end, most of the team use Firefox.

Prehaps if you post the link, someone else can try it :).
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Ben_S on October 31, 2004, 10:11:24 AM
Sounds like a problem on your end, most of the team use Firefox.

Prehaps if you post the link, someone else can try it :).
Yeah.. that's what I thought.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?action=register

Lum-chan

Works here without no problem using Firefox Gecko/20040913 Firefox/0.10.1 ie Firefox 1.0 Preview Release.

Registerd at your board as Lum-chan

Lum-chan

Tristan Perry

Strange, this is working now... I haven't touched a thing! Ah well thanks for your help Ben and Lum-chan  :)

[Unknown]

You cannot register twice in a row.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 01, 2004, 12:08:54 AM

-[Unknown]
What exactly do you mean? If you've already got an account, you can't register another one? Or if you try to register once and you mess something up, it won't let you register again?

shakin

Quote from: Tau Online on November 01, 2004, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: [Unknown] on November 01, 2004, 12:08:54 AM

-[Unknown]
What exactly do you mean? If you've already got an account, you can't register another one? Or if you try to register once and you mess something up, it won't let you register again?

I think it's based on IPs, which explains why I'm having some trouble at work where everyone is behind the same proxy and can't register when someone else has just registered. I think a meaningful error message would be a good idea because it confused me at first until I realized it had to do with the timing between two people trying to register.

[Unknown]

It's not based on IPs, no.

It does limit registration with the same IP, but it gives an error message for that.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 03, 2004, 05:47:57 PM
It's not based on IPs, no.

It does limit registration with the same IP, but it gives an error message for that.

-[Unknown]
Ah right, so what is it that causes the page to refresh without warning? It can be really confusing. You try to sign-up, you make an error. You go back and try again and nothing happens..  :-\

Advertisement: