News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

xsorbit to SMF Memberlist problems

Started by oberon, August 26, 2007, 06:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oberon

Ok... moving an csorbit board for a friend to my host as the reliability has gone to hell but am having an issue. Ran up ver 1.0.5 and broke the database into sections to install via phpmyadmin however every other table except the _members will import. This one comes up with the error
Quote#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Any ideas wouold be appreciated as with over three hundred members I really dont want to have to tell the owner "Just get your people to re-register" as I have heard of others with this issue... Any ideas people. I will admit phpbb is my forte but I don't mind learning and besides, the owner of this board seems to like the overall functionality so I am happy to host them as is...

Thanks in advance.

JayBachatero

What you need to do is.  Backup the xsorbit board.  When creating the backup select "Save the table structure". Import that backup.  After you do that download the SMF ugrade and install package.  You are going to upload the upgrade package along with the Settings.php and Settings_bak.php from the install package.  Use repair_settings.php to repair the settings.  Then run the upgrade.php file.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: