News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Urlobox

Started by jake1981, July 11, 2007, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake1981

Link to Mod

Urlobox 1.0.3
Author: Oskari Rauta/Jake Irons
-------------------------------

WARNING: To function properly, this
shoutbox needs mkportal site-integration.
If you install this mod without mkportal,
you won't be able to see it or use it at
all. You still can uninstall it just fine.
If you install mkportal and set it up and
then erase it but decide to keep database
variables done by mkportal you can view
shouts and shout, but shoutbox moderation
is done by mkportal's internal shoutbox
so you still can't get full functionality
without mkportal.

What's new in 1.0.3?
================---.
Update status: critical
- Bug fix to allow shouts with dashes(final fix this time, it's perfect now)
- New setting: admin can now disable scrolling (doesn't look very good, but this might be a handy feature)
- Fixed scrolling for other browsers than MSIE (previous versions made scroll
look very odd on other browsers than MSIE)
- Corrected 2 typos in language files.
- Bug fix to font size issue by css style when user was using Safari browser

What's new in 1.0.2?
================---.
Critical update: yes
- Using dashes in shouts was impossible..

What's new in 1.0.1?
================---.
Critical update: yes
- Fixed bug with classic theme (there was one extra </td> which shouldn't had been there)
- Fixed non critical bug with language files
- Moved queries to externally called file Subs-UrloBox.php under Sources directory.

This is a shoutbox which integrates with mkportal. It uses mkportal's database for reading/storing shouts so you can see same shouts in both, mkportal and forum with this modification. It has some settings in admin's control panel mostly about way you want shoutbox to look like, but rest of settings are inherited from mkportal's settings.

Themes supported: core/default, classic and babylon
Multi-lingual: yes, english and finnish provided on installation. If you use different language, it defaults to english (except in admin panel).
I no longer provide support or updates to any of my MODs nor I provide any new themes or MODs in anywhere else expect on my own site (and yes, there's nothing in there) expect for those MODs that I already sent to here that have not yet been approved and if approval requires any changes, I won't provide them no more.

jake1981

It was reported that link that should take admin to list of shouts for editing/deletion/etc of shouts, points to wrong place if mkportal isn't installed to root of server..

for e.g. if mkportal is installed to http://www.mysite.com/portal link does not then see /portal part..

So for 100% succesful installation, you should install mkportal to root of your domain.. I'll look forward to do a bugfix for this in future.. Currently I'm a bit busy with my current really big project..
I no longer provide support or updates to any of my MODs nor I provide any new themes or MODs in anywhere else expect on my own site (and yes, there's nothing in there) expect for those MODs that I already sent to here that have not yet been approved and if approval requires any changes, I won't provide them no more.

Hoochie Coochie Man

Can you convert it without MKportal?
And work with 1.1.5?
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

Advertisement: