News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changing strings in the calendar

Started by CapriSkye, September 12, 2004, 12:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapriSkye

somebody told me that i didn't translate the text strings in the calendar, which are the date and months. i dont know why i didn't and don't remember seeing the text strings for those..... so if i want to change the date and months to chinese, do i change the strings in here:

$days = array('Sunday', 'Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', 'Saturday');
$days_short = array('Sun', 'Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu', 'Fri', 'Sat');
// Months must start with 1 => 'January'. (or translated, of course.)
$months = array(1 => 'January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December');
$months_short = array(1 => 'Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sep', 'Oct', 'Nov', 'Dec');

maybe it's because they're in array so i skipped them. but those are the right place to change them right?

[Unknown]

Yes, that's the right place.

-[Unknown]

Alrescha

Just bumping in on this topic.

Sometimes the date formats are all wrong (or at the very best out-right weird) with these date pieces.

Date formats are just another thing translators (and programmers?) should watch out for.

Things like "12 十一月, 2004", where the middle part means November, is just plain wrong because nobody writes dates like that in Chinese. The same kind of problem exists with days of the week, too.

CapriSkye

where do you see those formats at? dates seem to work for my forum.

[Unknown]

No one writes them like that here in the US either.  Only in ye old England do they do it like that :P.

-[Unknown]

Alrescha

Ooops, I did learn my English with an English slant to it. :D

No, it was more of a note that I wanted to drop, not to point out anything wrong.

Advertisement: