Question about login form for mambo

Started by tu111, August 29, 2007, 07:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tu111

I use mambo 4.6.2 and use the last bridge.  Can I use mambo login form instead of smf login form at my website.

How can I do this?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tu111

Thanks Kindred.  I use this bridge version and unpublish mod_smf_login and publish smf login at site mambot but nothing happen.  I mean it has not login form at my website.  what is right step?

Kindred

you would have to re-publish the mambo login module... (mod_login)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tu111

Do you mean mod_smf_login?  If yes I try it but still the same.

Kindred

no, I typed what I meant.   The mambo login module is mod_login (for which you need the mambots published). The SMF-bridge login module is mod_smf_login (for which the mambots should NOT be published)
Слaва
Украинi

tu111

So I have to install it again because it disappear now.

Kindred

no.
the mod_login is part of mambo. You can not delete it.

it will still be there, in your module list. Maybe not on the first page.
Слaва
Украинi

tu111

I think it has already disappeared.  You can see the picture.

Orstio

Did you uninstall your mod_login module?  If so, why?  You should never need to uninstall core modules.  If you don't want them to appear, unpublish them, don't uninstall them.

tu111

No I'm not.  I forgot when it's disappear but absolutely not uninstall it.  How can I do this?

Kindred

If you did not uninstall it, then it must still be there.

mod_login is part of the mambo core. I do not believe it exists as a separate installable module.
Слaва
Украинi

tu111

So how can I check it still be there or not because I see at  module site page but did not find it???

cferd

That's happened to me with Joomla. mod_login.php is probably still in the modules directory of your site.

If the module doesn't appear in the install section of the Mambo admin, you can delete both mod_login.php and mod_login.xml from the module directory, then from the Mambo package, find those 2 files and put them into a single zip file. Once you do that, you can install it as a module.

tu111

Many thanks.  Now mod_login is appeared right now but I have a question to ask that do I need to publish all of this mambot smf_login,smf_logout,smf_register,smf_user_ban,smf_user_change,smf_user_delete,smf_user_unban because I try to publish it and use mambo login form.  So I try to use my smf login account at this login form but it's not work.  Is this wrong?

Kindred

Is English your primary language?  If it is not, sorry... but I am having a hard time understanding your report/question.

Yes, you should publish all of those bots.

Does your Mambo admin account have the same name, email and password as your smf admin account?
Слaва
Украинi

tu111

Sorry for my poor English.  It's not my first language and thanks for your understand.  Username and password of my mambo account is not the same as smf account except email address.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

tu111

I've checked it again and all is difference but my smf account still not work.  I try to use my mambo account it's work.  I try to use my friend's smf account it's not work also.  I try to use my smf account when I use mod_smf_login it's work.  What's the problem?

Orstio

Does your Mambo database user have access to your SMF database?

tu111

No I still not sync the mambo user database to smf but it has only me as admin in mambo user database.

Orstio

Your database users have nothing to do with syncing.

If you installed Mambo and SMF in different databases, you need to grant access to each database user to the other database.

tu111

Yes Orstio.  I've already click migrate SMF users to Mambo/Joomla.

Orstio

My question has nothing to do with migrating your users.

What control panel software does your host provide?

Orstio

Good.  Go there.

Here's how to grant database permissions:

1) Go to your site's cPanel.  Click on MySQL databases. (Do not Proceed to PhpMyAdmin!)

2) Near the bottom of the page, you will find two dropdown menus side-by-side.  One is labelled "User:" and the other "Db:".

3) In the first dropdown, select your SMF database user, and in the second dropdown, select the  Mambo/Joomla database.  Click the button that is labelled "Add User to Db".

4) Now go back to the same page again, and do the same, adding your Mambo/Joomla User to your SMF database.

tu111

Yes I do like that before I install SMF bridge.

Here is the picture of my sql database page.

Orstio

OK, good.

What happens if you change your password in the bridgged SMF?

Does it work then?

tu111

Sorry for my stupid question.  Do you let me try to change my smf password account, isn't it.

tu111

I try to use mod_smf_login and use my smf account login at homepage(mambo area).  I type username,password and click login.  Then it go to smf login page and let me fill the username and password again.  Is this right or wrong?

Orstio

Does it say "Password security has recently been upgraded.  Please login again." ?

tu111

probably yes.  I can not test it again because now when I type my smf account at mod_smf_login the page go to the page cannot be displayed page but when I use mod_login it's shown incorrect username or password.  Please try again.  I don't know something wrong.

Orstio

In the bridge config, what did you use as the path to SMF?

tu111

Orstio

Can I see the URL?

Can you PM me admin access to Mambo?

tu111

Orstio

Well, the first problem I saw was that your menu item pointed to the stand alone forum, not to your bridge component.

The bridge is the component.  The stand alone forum is not bridged in any way.

tu111

Thanks for your help.  So I reset it already and please tell me what's next Orstio?  I try to publish mod_login but still not ok.

Orstio

tu111

I just sent my smf username and password to you by PM that still not work to login with mod_login.

Orstio

Quote from: Orstio on August 31, 2007, 10:12:18 PM
OK, good.

What happens if you change your password in the bridgged SMF?

Does it work then?

I changed the password in the bridged forum (to the same password), and now that works too. 

tu111

OHHHHH it's work now.  What's wrong Orstio?  Could you tell me?

tu111

I try to use my friend smf username and password but still not work. 

Orstio

Go to your bridged forum and change his password.

tu111

It's ok Orstio.  So how about the other member?  Can they login at the mod_login or everyone have to change password like this?

Orstio

Because you migrated them from SMF instead of letting them migrate themselves over, yes, they will each need to change their password in SMF before they will be able to login using the Mambo login form.

tu111

How Could I let them migrate themselves over or can I see each member password and do it for myself?

Orstio

QuoteHow Could I let them migrate themselves over

Each person would have been migrated as they each logged in.

Quotecan I see each member password and do it for myself?

No.

tu111

As of your suggestion, I could done things I need to do. Thank you very much for spend your time helped me out of this stuff.

Advertisement: