News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Question about login form for mambo

Started by tu111, August 29, 2007, 07:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tu111

No I still not sync the mambo user database to smf but it has only me as admin in mambo user database.

Orstio

Your database users have nothing to do with syncing.

If you installed Mambo and SMF in different databases, you need to grant access to each database user to the other database.

tu111

Yes Orstio.  I've already click migrate SMF users to Mambo/Joomla.

Orstio

My question has nothing to do with migrating your users.

What control panel software does your host provide?

Orstio

Good.  Go there.

Here's how to grant database permissions:

1) Go to your site's cPanel.  Click on MySQL databases. (Do not Proceed to PhpMyAdmin!)

2) Near the bottom of the page, you will find two dropdown menus side-by-side.  One is labelled "User:" and the other "Db:".

3) In the first dropdown, select your SMF database user, and in the second dropdown, select the  Mambo/Joomla database.  Click the button that is labelled "Add User to Db".

4) Now go back to the same page again, and do the same, adding your Mambo/Joomla User to your SMF database.

tu111

Yes I do like that before I install SMF bridge.

Here is the picture of my sql database page.

Orstio

OK, good.

What happens if you change your password in the bridgged SMF?

Does it work then?

tu111

Sorry for my stupid question.  Do you let me try to change my smf password account, isn't it.

tu111

I try to use mod_smf_login and use my smf account login at homepage(mambo area).  I type username,password and click login.  Then it go to smf login page and let me fill the username and password again.  Is this right or wrong?

Orstio

Does it say "Password security has recently been upgraded.  Please login again." ?

tu111

probably yes.  I can not test it again because now when I type my smf account at mod_smf_login the page go to the page cannot be displayed page but when I use mod_login it's shown incorrect username or password.  Please try again.  I don't know something wrong.

Orstio

In the bridge config, what did you use as the path to SMF?

tu111

Orstio

Can I see the URL?

Can you PM me admin access to Mambo?

tu111

Orstio

Well, the first problem I saw was that your menu item pointed to the stand alone forum, not to your bridge component.

The bridge is the component.  The stand alone forum is not bridged in any way.

tu111

Thanks for your help.  So I reset it already and please tell me what's next Orstio?  I try to publish mod_login but still not ok.

Orstio

tu111

I just sent my smf username and password to you by PM that still not work to login with mod_login.

Advertisement: