Code for centering buttons on navbar?

Started by fluffmama, August 12, 2009, 08:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffmama

Sorry, it didn't work :(  it bunched everything in the center and gave me two lines of the navbar  :(

any other ideas?

Antechinus

Use the method I suggested earlier. A 50% width div is not flexible enough to accommodate varying numbers of tabs (as in logged in or logged out) on varying screen resolutions. It's a basic, beginner's trick that works well with a small and fixed number of tabs.

fluffmama

Thank you so much.  I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow.  It's quite a bit I have to mess around with and make sure its right. 

I'll let ya's know if it works for sure ;)  or of course, continue whining lol.

Thanks guys for your help...will post soon!!!  :D

Mark S

Just went through this on another discussion.  Exact same thing.  I have quite a few menu tabs and a couple of them have pretty much text.  At 50%, I had two rows of piled-up tabs.  Yeeeks!  It looked terrible.  I changed the 50% to 85 % and it was good to go.

fluffmama

Well I ended up messing with some setting from the link Antechinus posted.  Got it to work  :D.  Altho I have to admit somewhat accidentally lol. A bit of trial and error, but didn't take me long this morning when I could concentrate better on it.

A HUGE thanks to you guys for all your help!!!  :D

Antechinus

Cool. It is a nifty trick and should be more widely known. I'll mark this as solved.

Advertisement: