News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member/Board Management - No Flames please ;-D Newb

Started by awfulalex, September 01, 2007, 11:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awfulalex

Hi Guys I am new to the whole Open Source thing, and then more specifically to Forums/boards, etc and in particular SMF. I think it is an AWESOME tool and have started using it on my role-playing site and as soon as I am happy with my skills I will be rolling it out to all my other sites.

Requests
1. I am looking for the ability to make a bord invisible to everyone except the moderator, global moderator and admin (the last two is easy, but having problems with the first)

2. I want to do the same for specific member. SO say I have a bord named Joe's personal thoughts I only want Joe to be able to read/post the bord.

3. I want to be able to limit new members on my site too only one bord for their first post. They can read everything but must automatically after sign-on go to the introduction page. And then either jsut read it or on 2nd option post in it before they are allowed total freedom.

4. I want to be able to set certain criteria to auto manage mebers. For instance I would like an e-mail send to all members who have 0 posts after 30 days to remind them if they do not post in 30 days they will be deleted. After 60 days they must be deleted.

5. I want and option I can use too drop members one category down if they do not post in a certain time (120 / 365 days) this is to entice members to be more active.

I am not sure if others will find benefit from these, but I believe it is available as standard features that all admins will find use for it.

If any of these exist or if others have psoted on thse topics please let me have the links.

Kind Regards
Alex

Jim R

I can't help you much on 4 or 5.  As for 1-3, I know you have to create moderators on a per board basis, which is separate from permissions, but you could create a group for Moderators then apply permissions to that group.  You could add a group for each board.  You could even just bypass naming Moderators and create the groups as described, giving them mod privileges.

I think there is a Mod for #2, but if not, could you just not use personal messages?  If you'd rather it be a post, again, create a group just for "Joe" and only let him/that group see the board.

#3...boards can have permissions based on post count. 

Advertisement: