News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Buttongenerator with GIF support

Started by Webby, November 03, 2004, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webby

Well, I've got it now, but what's next......do I have to upload this?  It isn't a .ttf but a .ttc .......

archiebald

Search me!!!

But I would have thought it needs to be installed on the server that your button generator is running on.  Uploading it would not be sufficient.

For example, my PC running Windows XP has support for far eastern text installed.  This font was in my fonts directory.

Can anyone else advise?

If you are in agreement, I have my own server running and I would be interested to try this out.  Obviously to do this, I would need access to your original PHP code files.  I have no desire to rip off what you are doing and anyhow, I am a total nooby when it comes to php.

Please let me know where I could access your files from if you are willing.

Archie

[Unknown]

Well, it's a bit different on Linux, and in any case the ttf support in PHP actually directly reads in the TTF file.  It may also work with TTC files, I'm not actually sure.  Try it ;).

-[Unknown]

tulie

Quote from: Webby on November 03, 2004, 09:52:58 AM
Hi there :)

I've been busy making my buttongenerator work with GIF support and adjusting the scripts. And I succeeded as you can see on :

http://buttongenerator.m2mdesign.nl [nofollow]

Please let me know what you think of it and maybe there are members who want their buttonsets on it : just send them to me.

[edit]

Added a few colors to the SMF buttonsets : dark blue, green, grey, orange, red and yellow.

[/edit]
The link doesnt work for me  :(

any back up links for the button generator?

Miraenda

Hi tulie,

I believe if you look up just 3 posts above yours, you'll see Webby (who started the thread) has a post and in his signature is a group of images indicating you click on one of them for the button generator.  The link for that is http://www.yabb.nl/index.php?ind=buttongenerator

Thanks.

Deoxys

Ok, this is where I'm having some trouble...I downloaded the GD Library, but I don't know how to get it to make the buttons... >:( Can someone help me?

^Raven^

It may just be me but when I use the buttongenerator the text I type gets put really small on the button and I think it gets translated into German.  But, I'm not sure entirely sure about that because the text on the button become very small.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

rhizome

Are you actually selecting a font in the drop down box where it indicates SMF_(USE CAPS), if you leave it as default it generates garbage

I'd like it to generate a button without an icon next to it - can this be done?

^Raven^

Yeah I left it as default because I figured it'd give the default font that Babylonking used on the button.

Also, any idea how we go about asking for other things to be added?  For example, I'd like to have a button added with a red star in the left.  It should be in Babylon's style but look like:
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

rostovtzeff

I already have the buttons in portuguese, what i need is the text.

Ericske

Quote from: Webby on November 03, 2004, 09:52:58 AM
Hi there :)

I've been busy making my buttongenerator work with GIF support and adjusting the scripts. And I succeeded as you can see on :

hxxp:buttongenerator.m2mdesign.nl [nonactive]

Hi Webby,
Is it me?  But I can't get the above link activated ...

TIA
Eric

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Pichichi

bugsmi0

how does this thing work ?

when i go to the site and hit generate the button an error results, are we suppose to do this their website or download something

Mr.T

I get this error message after trying to create a button with buttongenerator:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in /home/marco/public_html/buttongenerator/generator9/index.php on line 229

MR.T

mrselnombre

damn i needed this to do two exrat buttons...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Total Twaddle.

fermachine

TechnoDragon

Would it be possible to add the icons or file names for flashchat (chat_icon.gif), SMFArcade (arcade.gif), TPAdmin (I Believe tpadmin.gif), and Forum (For those that have TinyPortal installed)?

Great website...as i get more into creating themes this site will become very useful.
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Powerbob

What happened? Links all dead?

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

LaBamba

Hey all you rich boys, host this webby guy someone. All links are dead at the moment.

Advertisement: