[TIP/TRICK] Show Action and Subaction on "Unknow Action" to the Admin.

Started by ディン1031, September 02, 2007, 06:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ディン1031

Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

chrissiemags

Thanks for the tip...I hate the "unknown action" makes me think they are up to no good LOL

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

gbsothere

It parses the same way for RC3, since it's a source file.  Some white space may cause you not to locate the "find" string but searching for $txt['who_unknown'] will show you where it lives.  I've just placed this edit in my RC3 test board file and it's not throwing any errors.  The thing is, though, that since it's a test board, I have no members to show up doing "unknown" things on my site.   :D
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

gbsothere

Quote from: MATTEK on July 21, 2010, 11:21:25 AM
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.

Good luck with it.  I hope you don't find your members are doing anything shocking.   :D
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

MATTEK

Quote from: gbsothere on July 21, 2010, 11:28:33 AM
Quote from: MATTEK on July 21, 2010, 11:21:25 AM
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thank you for the reply.

Good luck with it.  I hope you don't find your members are doing anything shocking.   :D

:lol: This is something that just occurred in the last day. Before yesterday, this never happened.
SMF 2.0.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

* ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ smells a mod idea

A mod which adds all of the known unknown actions

I would need a list though lol.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

MATTEK

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 21, 2010, 12:36:45 PM
* ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ smells a mod idea

A mod which adds all of the known unknown actions

I would need a list though lol.

I know while you're playing an arcade game it says unknown. Previous to yesterday, that was the only one I noticed. Today, even if the user is simply looking at the forum boards, it says that.
SMF 2.0.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmmm, The arcade who list works for me, maybe you should look on the mod site and parse the mod, compare it to your who.english.php file

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 21, 2010, 12:47:59 PM
hmmm, The arcade who list works for me, maybe you should look on the mod site and parse the mod, compare it to your who.english.php file
Wow. Ever since this issue started occuring, I can NOW see Arcade games being played, but when someone is viewing who's online themselves, it says unknown and when they are viewing the forum it says unknown too. It's all backwards now! lol
SMF 2.0.1

gbsothere

Quote from: MATTEK on July 21, 2010, 12:40:05 PM
I know while you're playing an arcade game it says unknown. Previous to yesterday, that was the only one I noticed. Today, even if the user is simply looking at the forum boards, it says that.

Really?   In RC3, though, right?   Because in 1.1.11, it not only tells me they're playing in the arcade but exactly what game they're playing. 

EDIT:   Ah, I see you tweaked your language file. 

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: MATTEK on July 21, 2010, 01:32:54 PM
Wow. Ever since this issue started occuring, I can NOW see Arcade games being played, but when someone is viewing who's online themselves, it says unknown and when they are viewing the forum it says unknown too. It's all backwards now! lol

Compare your who.english.php to a clean one from the SMF package installer, your missing a line if it says unknown actions when people are viewing whos online.

If its missing from the languages, which I suspect it is, the line should be

$txt['whoall_who'] = 'Viewing <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=who">Who\'s Online</a>.';

If its not missing, then try clearing your cache, however, I would strongly suggest starting a new topic, as we have pretty much high-jacked this one lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 21, 2010, 04:33:18 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on July 21, 2010, 01:32:54 PM

Compare your who.english.php to a clean one from the SMF package installer, your missing a line if it says unknown actions when people are viewing whos online.

If its missing from the languages, which I suspect it is, the line should be

$txt['whoall_who'] = 'Viewing <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=who">Who\'s Online</a>.';

If its not missing, then try clearing your cache, however, I would strongly suggest starting a new topic, as we have pretty much high-jacked this one lol

Alright then. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=391822.0
SMF 2.0.1

Xarkurai

Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

DanCarroll

This works very well for SMF 2.0.1.

Now if I could just find the correct way to get the Who file to show my sub-actions.

Advertisement: