News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[RC] AJAX Chat

Started by madblueimp, September 04, 2007, 03:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neorics

oh ok... cool... that would be interesting...
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

Neorics

i'm getting this error

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Line Number 12, Column 12:      </script><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-------------------------^

any fix?
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

feline

Look at your server, if all installed files correct.
I think, that is a corupted file ...

Fel

Bytor

I currently run a sports furom site and use a "Game Day Thread" to discuss a particular game in progress, but would like to set-up a chat room to make interaction during a game easier and the chat session would only be open during a certain time, would it be possible to have the Chat session availabe or transposed into a thread (on SMF) later for others that where not able to take part in the discussion for review & comment.

cgrobin

I'm trying to install the chat and get an error when trying to do the SQL import.

CREATE TABLE ajax_chat_online(
userID INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
userName VARCHAR( 64 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
userRole INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
channel INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
*      dateTime DATETIME DEFAULT NULL ,
ip int( 11 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0'
) DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COLLATE = utf8_bin;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8

madblueimp

Quote from: Bytor on October 28, 2007, 02:26:01 PMwould it be possible to have the Chat session availabe or transposed into a thread (on SMF) later for others that where not able to take part in the discussion for review & comment.
I'm not a SMF expert, but I guess it will be possible.
All the chat messages are stored in a database, so you can access the chat database and retrieve the messages you want and display it or store it in any format you like.
There is one difficulty though that you will encounter:
The stored messages are language independant and contain plain BBCode and commands - the replacement of language strings, BBCode and commands is done on client-side using JavaScript.
So you'll need to reimplement these JavaScript routines in a server side language.
Another approach would be to open the chat logs view for all users (and not just the admin).

Quote from: cgrobin on October 29, 2007, 06:15:55 PMI'm trying to install the chat and get an error when trying to do the SQL import.

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 8

Try using the SQL code here (which has been stripped of charset and collation arguments):
How to setup the database tables [nofollow]

Lufa

Quote from: feline on October 23, 2007, 02:56:16 PM
Just I have upload the first release of FNW Ajaxchat on my site.
So is it based on "AJAX Chat © blueimp.net [nofollow]"?

madblueimp

Yes it is.
And I hope feline will update her version to reflect all the improvements which have been made in AJAX Chat (blueimp.net original version) [nofollow] since the version she based her modifications on.
Anyway, you can just use the original version as well - whichever you like better.

Lufa

I am using original version.

The code is very-very easy to read. Thank you very much for your work!!!
I have modified it a little (templates and so on) - Perfect!!!

Users are very glad to see a new chat!

Regarding those clone (FNW Ajax Chat from feline-networks.com [nofollow]) - very sad that someone is using your work, your code, but can rename the product completely and mentioning about your chat only at the end.

Shame to such "developers"!!! feline- you are the shame for open source community!

I suggest everybody to use the original Ajax Chat - it has so menu nice features. Great!
Please keep working on your project!

P.S.
After a short testing I will send you a translation in my language which is not included yet.

madblueimp

Quote from: Lufa on November 14, 2007, 11:59:57 AMRegarding those clone (FNW Ajax Chat from feline-networks.com [nofollow]) - very sad that someone is using your work, your code, but can rename the product completely and mentioning about your chat only at the end.

Shame to such "developers"!!! feline- you are the shame for open source community!
I've been a little disappointed about this as well. :|

Quote from: Lufa on November 14, 2007, 11:59:57 AMAfter a short testing I will send you a translation in my language which is not included yet.
Thanks - it would be nice if you could sign up on my forum and upload your translation at the localization topic here:
https://blueimp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=413 [nofollow]

Lufa

O.K.

Thank's a lot!!! :)

Please keep working on this and other projects - they are very useful for us!

feline

Quote from: Lufa on November 14, 2007, 11:59:57 AM
Regarding those clone (FNW Ajax Chat from feline-networks.com) - very sad that someone is using your work, your code, but can rename the product completely and mentioning about your chat only at the end.

lol .. you are the hit  :D

First... The Chat code is NOT the code from original .. it's based ON.
Second... I think, you have not understand what's "License given by GPL"

Fel

zionlion

Greetings,

How do I limit channels to just 1(public) and NOT showing all my forum boards anymore in the channel list?

Any help would be apreciated.

madblueimp

Quote from: zionlion on November 27, 2007, 04:54:18 AMHow do I limit channels to just 1(public) and NOT showing all my forum boards anymore in the channel list?
That's a configuration option in lib/config.php:
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(0);

zionlion

Give thanks "madblueimp" for your respons, much apreciated..  ;)

Keep up tha great work you doing  8)

Greetings..

madblueimp

Your welcome.
You will also find more comprehensive documentation linked on the AJAX Chat project page [nofollow].
As AJAX Chat [nofollow] is now supporting six different forum versions, I'll probably move support to the central AJAX Chat [nofollow] support forum linked on the project page.

zionlion

I just wondered if it was also possible to display online users in chat on my SMF forum(site). Noticed that it was possible for other forums but SMF was not listed.

Is this possible...?  ;)

vno

Does anybody here has a PHP code to display who's currently in the chatroom for this AJAX chat?

I need it for my PHP Side Block of Tinyportal.

Thanks in advance!

ecanikajo

I get this error when starting chat in browser Firefox and Opera.

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </html>.
Line Number 134, Column 3:

Chat work great with IE.

madblueimp

Quote from: zionlion on December 03, 2007, 10:59:10 AM
I just wondered if it was also possible to display online users in chat on my SMF forum(site). Noticed that it was possible for other forums but SMF was not listed.

Is this possible...?  ;)
Yes it is:
https://blueimp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=367&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210#p13292 [nofollow]

Quote from: ecanikajo on December 06, 2007, 02:08:56 AM
I get this error when starting chat in browser Firefox and Opera.

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </html>.
Line Number 134, Column 3:

Chat work great with IE.
Please have a look at the FAQ:
https://blueimp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=432#p12948 [nofollow]

Advertisement: