News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem converting Yabb 1 Gold to SMF 1.1.3

Started by Stephie, September 04, 2007, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephie

Hi!

I'm trying to convert this yabb forum to smf and it just won't work. I always get this error:

QuoteConverting membergroups...
Notice: Undefined index: JrPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined index: FullPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 141

Notice: Undefined index: SrPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 147

Notice: Undefined index: GodPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 153
Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories... Successful.
Converting mark read data... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `db1084782-database`.test_log_mark_read
(logTime, ID_MEMBER, ID_BOARD)
VALUES ('1185903577', '2', '1'),
('1186593195', '2', '2'),
('1186550331', '2', '4'),
('1185455787', '2', '3'),
('1185904043', '2', '13'),
('1187547373', '2', '11'),
('1185903693', '2', '41');
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'logTime' in 'field list'

A friend of mine thought it might be because the converter is programmed for SMF 1.1.2. So I tried to setup this version first, but still got the same error.

Any ideas?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Stephie

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all now.
The converter I used before at least converted the members, boards etc. But with this one, nothing happens.

If it's of any use....here's what I get:
QuoteConverting membergroups...
Notice: Undefined index: JrPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: FullPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 145

Notice: Undefined index: SrPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 151

Notice: Undefined index: GodPostNum in /is/htdocs/wp1084782_2QOEQAUU6O/www/testforum/yabb_to_smf.php on line 157
Successful.
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `db1084782-test`.test2_members
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
CHANGE COLUMN ID_MEMBER ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0;
Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

JayBachatero

Ummmmm.  Would upgrading to YaBB 2 be an option for you then converting from there?
Follow me on Twitter

Stephie

Unfortunately I have no possibility of upgrading the yabb forum, as it is hostet on one of these get-your-forum-for-free-sites and I don't have access to the database.  :(

JayBachatero

How are you converting to SMF then?  If you have FTP access you can download all the files to your PC and do it from there.  YaBB does not use a database.  It uses flatfiles.
Follow me on Twitter

Stephie

I have a full backup of the YaBB forum....and FTP access for smf.

QuoteHow are you converting to SMF then?
I set up smf, loaded the Yabb files to a seperate folder and started the converter (I checked, I used the right one). So far, it worked OK, just that the messages weren't converted. Everything else is there.

Would deleting and recreating the database be an option? I think, although I deleted the complete forum, there might still be some data that "interferes" with the conversion.

JayBachatero

Umm did you fix the paths for the YaBB backup to reflect the new directory?  Path.pl is the file that needs to have the right paths.
Follow me on Twitter

Stephie

OK, now I'm feeling really stupid.

Path.pl? The backup I have doesn't include a file with that name.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Stephie

Aaaahh....yeah...got THAT one. :)

No, I haven't fixed the paths yet. Didn't know I had to. I'm gonna try to do it this week. Hope I can fix this on my own without asking dumb questions anymore.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Advertisement: