News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I need help with arcade..

Started by $hawn, September 05, 2007, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

$hawn

I try and upload games(after changing hosts, I've gone through alot of trouble) and it says that it can't access that directory, check permissions.

so I upload through ftp client 2, but the arcade still doesn't register that i've uploaded it :(

$hawn

$hawn

$hawn

shadow82x

Quote from: $hawn on September 05, 2007, 07:29:35 AM
I try and upload games(after changing hosts, I've gone through alot of trouble) and it says that it can't access that directory, check permissions.

so I upload through ftp client 2, but the arcade still doesn't register that i've uploaded it :(
$hawn, you would receive better support posting that at www.smfarcade.info. I believe this is a common error. Just upload the games manually and chmod them to 777 (or 755 on some hosts.) PLEASE do not bump unless 24 hours has passed people get very annoyed and may not help you.

Read First: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=91351.0
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

$hawn

I did uplaod by myself, but SMF doesn't update or something.

shadow82x

Quote from: $hawn on September 05, 2007, 04:48:33 PM
I did uplaod by myself, but SMF doesn't update or something.
Make sure you upload the package via the manager than upload the files in the folder and chmod them to 777.

How do I use chmod? - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=23690.msg187633#msg187633
Colin B

$hawn

I've done this. I've tried uploading throuhgh the forum, and it gives me the same error. SDo I CHmod what i need to, no luck. So I upload to the "games" Directory the .ZIP files, and alas, no luck

$hawn

shadow82x

Try this...

1) Download the game package
2) Upload the games in the correct spot in FTP (under the name folder like Game Pack 10)
3) Than upload the package via your admin panel

EDIT: Glad you got it solved! :) How did you do it?
Colin B

$hawn

I forgot about the new host, path problems, so the games diectory paths were wrong.

Advertisement: