News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ApolloBB

Started by zwaldowski, September 06, 2007, 09:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwaldowski

Alright, then.  It looks like it might be a problem with ads.  But to make sure, re-upload all of the CSS files from ApolloBB's default distribution.

------------------------
Help me win an iPod, or maybe a Wii!

ketchup

hi

how can I make the "last post"  not show the index  I mean it says in big black last post on everyboard...it would great if it only said it on the actual last post because it is kinda confusing

Does that make sense?  OR i mean on most themes it says "today"

please tell me how to modify that but everything else is perfect thanks for the great theme

zwaldowski

I'm sorry, but I need a screenshot.  I'm glad you reported this, because I really can't test this stuff when I'm building the theme.

------------------------

fortest

thanks for the update on this nice theme, zwaldowski...

Just a question though, what files/codes do I need to edit to make this theme work with Hide Tag Special and Thank-o-matic?

thanks.

cru

nice!

QuoteAnthony Coy, distributes a PSD including thhe logo

1. what's a PSD?  :D
2. How do i customize it so that the child boards are displayed like in the default theme? without icons?
Quoteex:
Child Boards: Tips and Tricks, Mods and Packages, Bug Reports

and not

Tips and Tricks
Child boards : Mods and Packages
                       Bug Reports

3. also, in the calendar, i noticed the date today has "almost" the same background as the other dates, unlike in the default theme, the date today background is white, so when you see the calendar at a glance you'll know the date. How do i change that?

samames

1. psd = photoshop document

Thanks zwaldowski :) I'll try that as soon as I get chance
sam.
Firefox 3 user. Mac user. Pc user.

zwaldowski

1.  Answered above.
2.  Hmm... I'm not sure, that would take some fiddling.  It should be in one row; Try turning on the "Show child boards in two rows" option and see if that fits you better.  There's not much I can do.
3.  It'll be in your style.css.  Look for the class "calendar_today" or something with the word calendar in it, and change the background line to read:

background: #FFFFFF;

@fortest:  I would give you the exact steps, but I'm busy tonight.  Check out DanSoft's Package Parser, it's what I use to give you guys the info.  Make sure the "Template changes only" ratio is checked.  You should be fine; otherwise, post here.

------------------------

kjaonline

has someone gotten the admod to work? :(
Doesn't work on my 1.1.3 installation + apollobb :(

Do I need to edit anything after I install the admod? :(
THe admod I installed is 2.3 (not sure but it's the latest)

zwaldowski

No, Ad Mod should work out of the box.  Make sure Ad Management is assigned to a user-group, or you have the no-admin-ads function turned off.  In other words, assign Ad Viewing to a group and test it with another user.

------------------------

ketchup

Quote from: zwaldowski on October 09, 2007, 06:31:48 AM
I'm sorry, but I need a screenshot.  I'm glad you reported this, because I really can't test this stuff when I'm building the theme.

Hi ok well here is a pic....see how everything says "last post"   kinda hard to see the "today" (arrow)

I think you have to right click view this image to see the full size

Maybe we can make "last post" not bold and black

kjaonline

Here's my problem though
I also checked the permissions part and there's no option for the admod there :(

zwaldowski

@kja You didn't edit your Modifications.english.php file to contain the admod stuff.  Read the instructions at the bottom of this post.

For ketchup, open up BoardIndex.template.php, and look for the following line (247, I think):

<strong>', $txt[22], '</strong>  ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />

Replace it with:

', $txt[22], '  ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />

------------------------

ketchup

Quote from: zwaldowski on October 10, 2007, 04:13:53 PM
@kja You didn't edit your Modifications.english.php file to contain the admod stuff.  Read the instructions at the bottom of this post.

For ketchup, open up BoardIndex.template.php, and look for the following line (247, I think):

<strong>', $txt[22], '</strong>  ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />

Replace it with:

', $txt[22], '  ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'] , '<br />

That is sooo mcuh better thank you very much :)

kjaonline

Quote from: zwaldowski on October 10, 2007, 04:13:53 PM

Replace it with:

I'm not really sure if the admod requires me to edit modifications.english.php
but I checked their forums and found this
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=475.0

But, if you know what to edit in modifications.english.php please direct me there :(

tam2oo5

Hi there,

id like to change the appollobb theme a little just to suit my users. We would like to have

"Sticky Topic:"

Next to the sticky topics, also when posting the box is blue with white text. Is there anyway of changing that to a white background with black text. Just the message boxes on smf here. How do you show what the colour represents in the who's online box. I know some themes have it but the appollo doesnt ..

Also the child topic, is there anyway of just making it on the one line rather than having 2 rows?

Thanks

zwaldowski

"Sticky Topic:" next to sticky topics

In MessageIndex.template.php, find (approx. lines 301-303:
echo '
', $topic['is_sticky'] ? '<strong>' : '' , '<span id="msg_' . $topic['first_post']['id'] . '">', $topic['first_post']['link'], '</span>', $topic['is_sticky'] ? '</strong>' : '';

And replace with: 
echo '
', $topic['is_sticky'] ? '<strong>'.$txt['smf96'].':  ' : '' , '<span id="msg_' . $topic['first_post']['id'] . '">', $topic['first_post']['link'], '</span>', $topic['is_sticky'] ? '</strong>' : '';

The next one is harder.

Next to the sticky topics, also when posting the box is blue with white text. Is there anyway of changing that to a white background with black text. Just the message boxes on smf here.

Open up style.css and replace the following line:
input.post:hover,input.postHover,textarea:hover,select:focus,input.liteoption:hover,input.mainoption:hover{background:#FAFAFA;border:solid 1px #666666;color:#444}

With this stuff:
select:focus,input.liteoption:hover,input.mainoption:hover{background:#FAFAFA;border:solid 1px #666666;color:#444}
input.post:hover,input.postHover,textarea:hover{background:#FFFFFF;border:solid 1px #666666;color:#000000}

Then open up the color css files (style_blue.css, etc...) and remove the line that looks similar to:
textarea,textarea:hover{background:url(images/black/text_bg.gif) #333333}

Quotewhat the colour represents in the who's online box

That, I'm not sure about.  I've never seen it done before.

QuoteAlso the child topic, is there anyway of just making it on the one line rather than having 2 rows?

That's in the theme options.

------------------------

tam2oo5

Thanks very much, thats answered most of my questions. You know you said that the child board settings are in the theme options, well it only as an option for 1 row going vertical. Is there anyway to have it 1 row horizontal , like on other themes?.

Thanks again, great theme.

zwaldowski

Huh?  Like this?

- First child board
- Second child
- Third child

------------------------

tam2oo5

No like this,

Child Board 1          Child Board 2               Child Board 3 ..... and so on.

zwaldowski

I'm not sure, since the child boards use tables (so you can't just use a line break).

------------------------

Advertisement: