add gender-icons to the profile

Started by klumy, November 06, 2004, 04:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klumy

how about adding gender icons to the profile like in YabbGold?

Oldiesmann

Themes/default/Profile.template.php

Find:
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[231], ': </b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['gender']['name'], '</td>

Replace:
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt[231], ': </b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['gender']['image'], '</td>
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

klumy

great, but why not installing such icons also here on the SMF forum ;)

[Unknown]

We're not sexist, what does it matter if you're a girl or guy :P?

-[Unknown]

codenaught

Curiosity is a powerful thing.  ;) Although most people you can check their gender in their profile.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Oldiesmann

The change I posted just makes it display the gender image instead of the actual gender in the profile. I don't know why we need that here...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

klumy

maybe the gendericons could be added to the normal profil, which is displayed on normal topicpage like it is on YabbGOld.

Oldiesmann

If you want to display them in the topic, then go to the Admin center and check the box next to "enable gender images in message view" (I think that's what it's called). It's not that much work to make that change to have it display the image instead of the name...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

guitarwez

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 07, 2004, 04:31:53 PM
If you want to display them in the topic, then go to the Admin center and check the box next to "enable gender images in message view" (I think that's what it's called). It's not that much work to make that change to have it display the image instead of the name...

I didn't see where this was at - can you tell me if it is up on SMF 1.0?

Kindred

In the current Theme Settings, there is an option:

Show gender images in message view
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: