News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post-Contest Feedback

Started by Thantos, September 15, 2007, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

So we just completed our first contest in quite some time but I hope this will be the first of many.

I would like to hear your thoughts about the contest.
What did you like?
What didn't you like?
Was it too short or too long?
Did you feel involved?
How can we improve how we run the contests?
Was the prize sufficient for the work required?
Do you want to see more contests?
etc

One of the things we realized we haven't been doing enough of is getting the community involved.  We are trying to change that and we hope that running contests will help in that regard.

shadow82x

I would like to hear your thoughts about the contest.
QuoteWhat did you like?
I thought it was a great way to get to let the community do something!
QuoteWhat didn't you like?
I did not like the fact that some were unprofessional but theres nothing you can do.
QuoteWas it too short or too long?
It was the perfect amount of time but if I had to choose I would say maybe a tab long.
QuoteDid you feel involved?
Yes
QuoteHow can we improve how we run the contests?
QuoteWas the prize sufficient for the work required?
Yes - I thought it was fine
QuoteDo you want to see more contests?
Yes I would love to see more in the future and to see maybe more of the community participating.
etc
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

karlbenson

A tad less time
More promoted (somehow?) (hopefully to get a wider response)
More contests
More community involvement (maybe first allow the community the choice of what contest to run)

Trekkie101

Try posting your own ideas ;) you'd be surprised how many things we carry forward from suggestions

Flying Drupalist

What contest? I didn't know there was a contest.

karlbenson

well depending on the date of smf 2.0 public release, a good competition to promote smf 2.0
New link to us/banners

anunlike

I think, generally speaking, that making contests / polls about possible future standard features to be implemented would be a pretty big hit.

I think, more specifically, that if/when it's decided to implemented some existing mods into standard features and you were to make a contest / poll regarding that, it would also be a big hit.

I think if you were to do that from anywhere between an alpha --> final release to be implemented in the next version / big release, it would be a big hit and make people feel like they're more involved in the development process. I think it would also encourage more mod development in that when people know that they if they have a popular / well developed mod and they know it could very well be implemented, more quality mods will be developed.

Advertisement: