News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Addressing pm's from your buddy list

Started by MaBell37, September 16, 2007, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaBell37

Hello, this is my first post in here.  I belong to a community that has private messaging (pm'ing), however, when you want to send a message to someone who is on a buddy list, you can't select anything like "Select Recipient from Buddy List".  Is there such a function, and, if not, is there any way to create one?

The purpose of my intent, is to make it possible when a site allows you to create a buddy list in the first place, to be able to use that same buddy list to add names to the addressing of pm's.  If this function already exists, please accept my apologies for wasting your time, but also please point me in the right direction so I may have my community add that feature to our web site.

Thank you for your time.

Rob

Ps.  I was directed to this site by one of the admins from my community who indicated to me that they get their site upgrades/features from here, but he was not familiar with my request.

Oldiesmann

The only real way to do this at the moment is by using the "Find Members" option.

When sending a PM, click the "!" button next to the "To" field
Check the box next to "Show buddies only"
Enter "*" (without the quotes) in the search box and hit enter
When the search results are returned, simply click on the name of each member that you want to send the message to - the name will automatically be inserted into the box.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

MaBell37

Thank you VERY much.  It worked!  It seems nobody at my preferred site knew that option!  Now I can copy your response to my preferred site to teach them.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: