News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need a mod/info

Started by Heterman, November 25, 2007, 04:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heterman

Hello all,
I would like to know if there is a mod to do this already:
Some people on my board want to gamble on specific stuff (football, basketball, racing, etc.), pretty much anything, and we would like a way to keep track of the winners/losers.  Most of it is just for bragging-rights instead of real money being passed around. 

So far, against some better judgement, the Karma has been used for this.  Mainly it was used just because it was available.  We want to bring the Karma back to being like/dislike of a user's post, not a view of the person's betting abilities.

So, does anyone know of a mod that has this functionality or similar aspects?  Anyone done something similar on their site?  I am open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

karlbenson

There currently isnt a feature or mod for a betting/gambling feature.

A vBookie type mod has been requested in the past, but I believe for fear of falling foul of gambling laws (especially in the usa),  the mod hasnt been created.

Heterman

Hmm, well thanks for the information.  I guess I will have to try and make something work, somehow...

Advertisement: