News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Location on Member List

Started by rsw686, September 20, 2007, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsw686

Link to Mod

This mod will display the member's location on the member list. It also allows you to search for a member by location.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

kamili34

Any screens ? It will be grate if you paste them. :)

rsw686

Here are some screen shots from my forum.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

kamili34

capabmx

That is an awesome mod, thanks for making it! I'm adding this mod right now, and I can already tell that me and the handful of members on my forum will love it too. Scratch hanful, maybe little bunch, lol.
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

psi0

noelchiew

I installed on 1.1.4, on the search page the tick box appears but the text 'search by location' isn't there. Any thoughts?

*seemed to have solved problem myself already*

Prowler9

!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Memberlist.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Memberlist.template.php Test failed
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful

Any help on this???

morvenwestfield

Any news on this? I'd love to have this mod, but I went to the mod area and it said no downloads were available at this time.

rsw686

I just added the package back so you can download it. Looks like it was lost when the SMF server crashed.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

capabmx

Prowler, just saw your trouble, and sorry forthe late reply, ifyoustill require assistance or would like to install, upload it to the mod parser at  smf helper and look for the files with tests failed. Then manually edit them using the instructions from the mod parser.
Always looking to take on a web design/ programming job :], PM me if interested.

milly

Hi,
Great Mod!

Just a tiny question: how do I left-align the column-contents? They're now centered, which looks a bit odd.

Thanks,
Milly

Sorry, this was too easy. Included the "align=left" bit myself in the meantime. It should, however, be included in your mod, I think. Otherwise: great mod, still.

milly

BTW: in case you'd like to add a
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.dutch.php
it should read:
$txt['mlist_search_location'] = 'Zoek op locatie';

Kimmie

Problem installing this mod:

3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful

Any ideas?

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

58tbird

I'm having the same Test Failure as Kimmie and Prowler9.  I believe it's due to the fact that I also have two other mods for the member list: admin_memlist_regdate and avmemlist.

I don't have the experience to manually install a mod with the complication of navigating through the modifications from 2 other packages.  I'll attempt this week, but if anyone can provide some guidance I would appreciate it very much.  :)

Sweetwater

Quote from: Kimmie on May 16, 2008, 02:19:04 AM
Problem installing this mod:

Any ideas?

Same as above for me as well.

Sweetwater

kizer

Installed with no issues. Thanks ;)
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

58tbird

Quote from: 58tbird on June 18, 2008, 07:54:41 AM
I'm having the same Test Failure as Kimmie and Prowler9.  I believe it's due to the fact that I also have two other mods for the member list: admin_memlist_regdate and avmemlist.

I don't have the experience to manually install a mod with the complication of navigating through the modifications from 2 other packages.  I'll attempt this week, but if anyone can provide some guidance I would appreciate it very much.  :)

Okay - it appears there aren't any conflicts between the admin_memlist_regdate mod and this Location on Member List mod.

All the conflicts appear to be with the avmemlist mod in the $sourcedir/Memberlist.php and $themedir/Memberlist.template.php files.

For example, the first modification according to the the Package Parser for the locmemberlist shows:
QuoteIn file $sourcedir/Memberlist.php
Find:

'MSN' => array(
         'label' => $txt['MSN'],
         'width' => '25'
      ),

Add after:

'location' => array(
         'label' => $txt[227],
      ),

and the first modification for the avonmemberlist is:
QuoteIn file $sourcedir/Memberlist.php
Find:

'MSN' => array(
         'label' => $txt['MSN'],
         'width' => '25'
      ),

Add after:

'avatar' => array(
            'label' => $txt['avatar'],
      ),

There are two other modifications called for that were already done by the avonmemberlist, and then two more like the one shown above where it calls for different coding.

I'm wondering if I can just manually add the code for the locmemberlist after the code for the avonmemberlist.

Apllicmz

yes
man update thar error is continue

update portuguese and brazilian

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[$txt['mlist_search_location'] = 'Pesquisa por localização';]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.brazilian.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[$txt['mlist_search_location'] = 'Busca por localização';]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

wickedgood

Any plans for updating this mod for 2.0RC4?

I've installed the mods by Chas Large to show location on admin and memberlist but NO search function with that.

CheeseHead05

For some reason, my location title is not "Location" instead it is "Poisition". My location is under Position.

Advertisement: