SMF v1.0 Preview Realeased

Started by BMW-Guy, November 09, 2004, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godboko

I would not want to see an update every week, but it would be nice if this current release was out to everyone by now. But really, besides the template system, this is one of the best forum systems out there, and THE best out there that is free.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

Jerry

I like these forums really, the template system is wonderful, easy to use and modify ;)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Trekkie101

are there any SMF easter eggs, like if you search a yabb gold forum (any) for "Is UBB Good?" it has a responce from the developers, is there anything like this in SMF?  :o

Ben_S

Why not use the search button and find out.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Trekkie101

Well i did for a few systems like IPB and phpBb but nothing.

Trekkie101

Are there any that are viewable out of the code, ill look myself for visible ones but it would be nice to knwo if there are any.

[Unknown]

Well, there are plenty of little things I should hope would make you grin if you ever found... question is, can you find them?

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

Im looking like mad  ;)

Server logs may show im getting 404's like hell, oh and is there like warnings for looking at pages that shouldt be allowed like looking at admin apnel address and such, liek to see if it has a funny message.
* Trekkie101 looks for eggs

Kender

looking through the code, i just enjoy the little /* notes */ left by the develpoers
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

Jerry

Yes those notes bring a smile to my face :P

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Oldiesmann

Most of those comments were left there by [Unknown] I think. I know of at least 5 different easter eggs in SMF (and no, I'm not going to tell you what they are). I can also say that [Unknown] added at least one easter egg for the next version...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 30, 2004, 07:47:35 PM
I can also say that [Unknown] added at least one easter egg for the next version...

It may be good, but bribery just isn't the answer - especially when security is involved!

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Who said anything about bribery and security? I was just giving them something to look forward to. I know that it will take us all a long time to discover all the fun easter eggs you and the other developers have put in there (especially when you add new ones with each release). I'm not trying to bribe you or anyone...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Obviously you missed at least one new easter egg, then.

-[Unknown]

Meriadoc

* Meriadoc grins at the last few posts

yes, i like reading [Unknown]'s comments in the code... good hunting!
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

destalk

I don't know if it's an easter egg, but the error when I tried to report myself to the moderator was quite funny.

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Trekkie101

God the comments are good

"Dont even try it sonny"

Maybe a book should be released.

Jerry

yea was alot of fun lol
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Trekkie101

I think the next version is on its way, just got a message "Please hold on we are updating the forum"

Plus i keep getting errors

Array something /home/simple/security/Sources blah blah. Plus pages keep appearing blank, i suspect something is up.

Advertisement: