SMF v1.0 Preview Realeased

Started by BMW-Guy, November 09, 2004, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

I always miss the good news :( lol I hope it is, I want to work on seeing how easy it is to upgrade and adding my mods back without my members noticing :P

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Oldiesmann

Someone was spamming the search feature apparently, which made the server load jump to a ridiculously high level and probably crashed the server...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Trekkie101

However done that should be banned, like 6 million times, horrible people,

Is there like a forum system list or something that all the forum can look at and ban certain spam bots or something, becuase i was thinking of something like that where SMF, phpBB, Invision, YaBB and all the rest could ban stupid bots that only are there to pick up email addresses.

BMW-Guy

well, I the feature is working for me now, so it must have gotten fixed (however that is done). ;) :)
I get paid to drive Porsches!

Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
~ (Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)

ScarabWeb

So when is the final version going to be released? Someone said earlier on in this thread that it would be the end of the month (that was November) at the latest. We are now one month further and it's still on RC2, although I see it says the date there is 21st December.
I'm just anxious because some things appear not to be working, like the package add-on, and I would hope it will work in the final version.

Daniel D.

Still on RC2? This forum here runs already 1.0 :P. Be patient, not so many days ahead ;)...

ScarabWeb

Quote from: Daniel D. on December 27, 2004, 05:24:42 AM
Still on RC2? This forum here runs already 1.0 :P. Be patient, not so many days ahead ;)...

Yes, I know this forum runs on 1.0, but the download section only gives RC2 so far  :'(

Grudge

The final version will be out soon - we've all been busy with Christmas and all as I'm sure you'll appreciate.

Ref packages: The package manager has been working for a long time - I've had people downloading packages from my mod server since about SMF Beta 4. If you're having trouble with the package installation do post a support topic about it - although obviously bear in mind it won't work on all servers if the server is badly configured so post a phpinfo.php link too What is phpinfo.php?
I'm only a half geek really...

klumy

Midgard

Daniel D.

Jerry

it will probably be out in 2006

(haha ;) ;D :-X ;D :D) j.k.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Midgard

Trekkie101

Releases arent that far apart, in time you will get it.

klumy

Quote from: Jerry on December 27, 2004, 07:56:58 AM
it will probably be out in 2006

(haha ;) ;D :-X ;D :D) j.k.

In this case the user can switch over to Yabb Gold 2.0 ;)

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Midgard

klumy

Advertisement: