News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Reason for deleting account

Started by Jade Elizabeth, September 23, 2007, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ataru

Quote from: Alundra on November 24, 2007, 11:00:49 PM
ahh god ill work on it later

OK, maybe I can test it on my own forum first today.

Jade Elizabeth

lol

okay then, lemme know how it goes lol
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

1MileCrash

I don't see the point in this, i mean it's not really any of the admin's business, and i'm pretty sure law requires deletion if the user requests it.

That's just my opinion on the issue. If a member PM's me asking for their account deleted, I ask them if they are sure, and if they say yes, i don't ask questions, i delete it.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Jade Elizabeth

oh i delete it if they request it
id just like to know if theres a reason so i can fix it :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

1MileCrash

Quote from: Alundra on November 25, 2007, 03:53:07 PM

I understand.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

ataru

Quote from: Tippmaster on November 25, 2007, 03:59:27 PM
Quote from: Alundra on November 25, 2007, 03:53:07 PM

I understand.

Well, actually what I was going for was an account deletion request is sent to Alundra, then the user is taken to a screen asking why they've left.  Any information they provide is also sent to her.

Alundra, is that close enough to what you wanted?

Jade Elizabeth

ataru

Quote from: Alundra on November 26, 2007, 11:47:18 AM
does it have a "reason" box?

You can put in whatever you want.  I was thinking something like this:

We're sorry you've decided to leave us, would you mind providing the reason in the box below?  This will help us to develop our forum more effectively.

Your email:  ______
Reason for deleting account:  ______

Submit  |  Reset

___ will be text boxes, obviously, Submit and Reset will be buttons.

Jade Elizabeth

ataru

Quote from: Alundra on November 26, 2007, 04:36:04 PM
thumbs up!!

Good; glad you like the proposal, but the test on my forum failed.  Does anyone know where in the code for profile deletion (Profile.php in the Sources folder) I would find the line that redirects the user to the forum index, and how I can change this to another page?

That's the hard part...

Jade Elizabeth

and then someone needs to help you package it ;)

ataru

Quote from: Alundra on November 26, 2007, 08:11:29 PM
and then someone needs to help you package it ;)

I was thinking manual install...

At this point, maybe I'd better just drop out...  :p

Sorry Alundra!

Jade Elizabeth

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
* Alundra runs off crying (joke lol)

Jade Elizabeth

Does anyone know how to make this?

H

I would hope someone does. They just don't want to! :P
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

shentino

Er, how is the reason going to be associated with the account if the account's been deleted?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: shentino on January 23, 2008, 02:51:30 PM
Er, how is the reason going to be associated with the account if the account's been deleted?

I want to know why people want to be deleted so I can fix the problem so it doesn't happen again, or if its something confusing or what ever, I can maybe make it better. In other words I will use it to try and prevent losing more members to the same issue.

shentino

THat's exactly my point.

Where's the forum going to stick the info?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: shentino on January 23, 2008, 09:51:59 PM
THat's exactly my point.

Where's the forum going to stick the info?

oh...In a file?
That could be displayed through the admin panel, and we can delete reasons or keep them in the log as we see fit I suppose.

Jalkson

This does actually seem like a fairly useful mod.

I could pretty easily add a box titled "Reason for Leaving (optional)", or something of that nature.  The only issue I would run into is how to get it to either save the content somewhere, or send it in a pm to the admin.

I'll see what I can come up with, it's quite possible I'll actually finish a mod I start. :x

Advertisement: